Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Restoring Vintage Drums

Old 09-07-2015, 09:45 PM

Default Camco/Gretsch Floating Action Question

Hey All,
I recently pulled the trigger on an old cameo pedal (from the 60's Leather Strap and everything) I seriously love this pedal. I tried to disassemble it to clean it and really make it shine but I can't seem to get the cam assembly and cam shaft stuff apart. Maybe I am missing something but I just don't see a way. Any one have a detailed way to do it? I have been searching and the few things I find people act like it it is super easy but I can't find a good description.

Also, Does anyone know of a good replacement bearing for these pedals? mine is holding together but on the spring side I can peer in and see the balls which means it isn't a "sealed" bearing anymore and I was hoping to replace it.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:48 AM

Default Re: Camco/Gretsch Floating Action Question

Hi, sorry I can't help with the cam but on the bearing you might be able to get skateboard bearings. Measure the shaft diameter that goes through the bearing and the housing opening. I think you can even get bearings at a sporting good store like Dicks.

Later today i'll get a measurement from some of my son's old skateboards and see if they match up. It'll be much later since I'm working 12 hours today.

Good luck, Gary.