Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

Slingerland Avante in Sparkling Orange Pearl

https://imgur.com/gallery/bxkAbnr

I just picked up this Slingerland Avante kit in the rare sparkling orange pearl of tangerine sparkle as. Seems to be an incredibly rare finish and I can only find a handful of pictures none of them being an Avante. The sizes are 22x14, 16x16 14x10, 13x9, 12x8 and 14x5 snare. This kit is pretty darn close to immaculate. No extra holes, no compromises to the wrap in any way, and 0 fading. The gentleman I purchased these drums from has had them in cases for the better part of the last 35 years. I’m missing 1 12 inch reso hoop and both mounts and a few bass t-rods. I should have all of those pieces original in the next week or so with some help from some of the amazing group members on various sites. I may be open to selling them after I get them complete and original. It sounds like there may be a few people on here hunting for this specific finish. Feel free to reach out to me on here or via email [email]dw91290@yahoo.com[/email] I’ll include a link to pictures a nono but I’m unable to figure out how to resize on mobile. If someone could help me with that it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Posted on 6 years ago
Posted on 6 years ago

Here is the remainder of the pictures from the imgur link. If anyone knows someone who is hunting for this kit send them my way! I’m going to finish getting it complete and I’m open to hearing offers. Thanks everyone! Happy Monday!

Posted on 6 years ago

Thats a real beauty !!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 6 years ago

Wow! That's pretty cool.

You don't see many of those orange sparkle Slingies. I've only ever seen a couple of individual examples in person. Seems like the Orange sparkle Slingerland wrap is a bit different from Gretsch's Tangerine sparkle.

Posted on 6 years ago

Yep it’s the first one I’ve ever seen in person and they are HARD to come by. Seems like people get them and don’t let go! This one is even more unique being the Avante. Definitely an incredible piece. Also an update thanks to another gentleman I have the missing bass rods and the dual mount heading my way in the mail. So I’m just in need of the 12 reso hoop and the single tom mount!

Posted on 6 years ago

Nice find. Can't make out all the serials but you've got some low 5-digits (11xxx snare, 15xxx RT & FT, 33xxx 13" RT). Late '70 ,early '71? Can you post the serials? It would also be nice to know if the interiors are clear or have the weak milk chocolate stain. Thanks for sharing, not a lot of these to look at.

Posted on 6 years ago

Awesome set!! Enjoy them!!

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 6 years ago

I’ll send it out later today when I get home from work! I’ll get some interior pictures and serial numbers posted!

Posted on 6 years ago

That's nice Nick, that's the real finish. We will keep you in mind when you get it all complete. I wasn't really interested in the Avente set, really want the new rock 50N. But this is nice. Keep intouch, Bucky

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here