Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Ebay Auctions

Old 07-12-2010, 11:31 PM

Default Help me with ebay seller

Hi
Yesterday I won an auction for a badge http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:ITand the person sent me an invoice of $ 42.00 !!!! to send me a badge by usps. plus the value of the purchase,
$ 42.00 is the value to send a 8x12 tom by usps.
he can charge it?
is there anything I can do?
the calculation of the auction I won, to send within the USA is at $ 0.78

in another auction that I'm following http://cgi.ebay.com/Ludwig-Drum-Badg...24101996508499, the cost to send the badge for Brazil was 0.98 U.S. dollars.
what can i do???
thnks a lot!!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Help me with ebay seller

Send him a message that he's made a mistake. The auction has posted .78 to go first class postage. Once the amount of shipping is posted he can not charge you more. If he refuses, lodge a complaint with Ebay about his over charging on shipping.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Contact the seller and tell him your situation, that it is to expensive to go with Ups or Fedex, the postal service is the way to go for your International shipping needs,!! tell him you want the badges but can we work out a beter ship rate, a thick padded envelope with the badges surrounded by some cardboard they get there cheap an intact!!
Old 07-13-2010, 01:34 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

If you didn't get a price quote for Int'l shipping, then you shouldn't bid on items without first getting a quote. I didn't see any listing of prices for Int'l shipping, so you may have to work it out. I suggest you do that prior to bidding next time.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:43 AM
Administrator

I think at this point the seller is mad you bid on his item and you are International.

Do you have a friend in the USA?

If so, just ask him to ship it to that address, since you did not realize he was going to charge so much for International.

Then say you are sorry for bidding and if he can't ship to a friend in the USA you need to cancel the transaction.

If he refuses and forces you to pay, the worst you will get is an unpaid item strike, but I really think eBay will side with you since they are cracking down on people that do this.

So be patient, handle the seller with respect and see what he can do.

David
Old 07-13-2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRichard View Post
Send him a message that he's made a mistake. The auction has posted .78 to go first class postage. Once the amount of shipping is posted he can not charge you more. If he refuses, lodge a complaint with Ebay about his over charging on shipping.
I did but, no reply...
Old 07-13-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagemore2000 View Post
Contact the seller and tell him your situation, that it is to expensive to go with Ups or Fedex, the postal service is the way to go for your International shipping needs,!! tell him you want the badges but can we work out a beter ship rate, a thick padded envelope with the badges surrounded by some cardboard they get there cheap an intact!!
this is the way they normally send me...
Old 07-13-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbeatkeeper View Post
If you didn't get a price quote for Int'l shipping, then you shouldn't bid on items without first getting a quote. I didn't see any listing of prices for Int'l shipping, so you may have to work it out. I suggest you do that prior to bidding next time.
Yes you are rigth, there are not quote to inteŽl shipping, but there are in this audition for example , http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT and the price is exactly what I usually pay, so do not imagine that would have any problem and I also relied in the worst ways that would be paid according to the most expensive way to usps
http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-...nal-prices.htm but U$ 42.00???
And in the audition, that i wow , in the Shipping and handling say that to send to U.S.A, its US 0.78 so if he dont want go back in the price i will send to someone like gift...
who wants a free badge??
Old 07-13-2010, 10:32 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

This thread is exactly what ticks me off as a seller on ebay. Clearly the bidder didn't READ THE AUCTION COMPLETELY BEFORE BIDDING. If he did, he would have seen that there was NO international shipping available. On the flip side, the seller should have put a block on allowing people to bid from countries to where he does not ship. Amatuers on both sides on this one I'm sad to say.

I don't ship outside the USA as its too much of a hassle these days, in my experience. So to prevent it, when I make a listing, I put the options of who can bid on my items. Very easy to do and it prevents situations like this from occuring.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:52 AM

Hi
after explaining the situation the way you explained here, the seller has reconsidered and will send me the cheapest method
thanks a lot !!!