Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

Gretsch Round Badge Aqua Satin Flame 14 inch floor

From Dw91290

Not sure what you’re referring to. I didn’t see anyone say 18 bass but I portably missed it or it’s been edited.

murph above said jazz players prefer 18" floor toms ... which I'm sure he meant bass drums

Posted on 6 years ago

Nope. It was intended as a joke (I assumed most drummers would get), to further indicate my other statements about the drums being undesirable were also in tongue-in-cheek. So to clarify...

1) Great find on two amazing drums.

2) I have no idea what they are worth.

3) My wife would kill me if I brought them home.

-murph

"Hitting stuff with sticks since 1963"
Posted on 6 years ago

Vintage 14x14 floor toms are pretty desirable from any of the American Drum Companies. Gretsch in particular. I'm not sure what the going rate is right now but I have paid as much as $1000 for a Gretsch 14x14. Sort of depends to one who's looking for one at the moment. If it were on ebay and two guys had been hunting that size in that wrap for a few years then who knows?...but if no one needs one right now, and it's priced too high to consider as a "rewrapper", then it might be tough to get top dollar.

Posted on 6 years ago

I’m only seeing two 12’s for sale right now in satin flame. 1 is $1000 and mint and one is a bar shell around $175 but looks much more faded than the picture. What to do, what to do.

Posted on 6 years ago

From Dw91290

I’m only seeing two 12’s for sale right now in satin flame. 1 is $1000 and mint and one is a bar shell around $175 but looks much more faded than the picture. What to do, what to do.

Buy the faded one and wait till a nice one comes along! You would be surprised how well those finishes can clean up with some scrubbing bubbles. I had a Camco set (you can search on here) in the same finish and scrubbing bubbles got them sorted out nicely.

Find a nice 4160 snare or maybe a matching 4x14 snare someday also. Nice find!

Manny

Sonor SQ2 10 14 18 American Walnut
L.A. Camco 12 14 18 Moss Green
Gretsch Round Badge 12 14 18 w/snare Champagne
Gretsch Round Badge 12 14 20 w/snare Burgundy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhdcpleTKlI

82nd ABN DIV OEF OIF Combat Infantry Veteran
Posted on 6 years ago

An aqua flame 4x14 snare would be an awesome find. I've never even seen a picture of one. Manny, you've seen these? (or , have one?)

Dw91290, you mention an 8x12 aqua flame for $1000... where is that? That sounds like an outrageous price, even for a mint one. I've never seen an 8x12 go for more than about $350.

Posted on 6 years ago

It’s incredible just way out of the price I’d be interested in paying for the least valuable piece of a progressive pass kit. http://www.VintageDrums.com

From hardbat

An aqua flame 4x14 snare would be an awesome find. I've never even seen a picture of one. Manny, you've seen these? (or , have one?)Dw91290, you mention an 8x12 aqua flame for $1000... where is that? That sounds like an outrageous price, even for a mint one. I've never seen an 8x12 go for more than about $350.

Posted on 6 years ago

From Dw91290

It’s incredible just way out of the price I’d be interested in paying for the least valuable piece of a progressive pass kit. http://www.VintageDrums.com

Interesting website. He's got some nice stuff, but his prices are crazy. $700 for 1970s red sparkle Ludwig bongos?

Posted on 6 years ago

His prices are truly insane. I understand a notable markup for gear that's in excellent condition, but his prices are about double of what they should be.

Posted on 6 years ago

From andlours

His prices are truly insane. I understand a notable markup for gear that's in excellent condition, but his prices are about double of what they should be.

I'm inclined to agree that this guy's prices are way out of whack. The guy is truly dreaming if he thinks he's going to get anywhere near those asking prices. The market now (as in today) just doesn't support it. Good luck to him!Mind Blowi

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here