Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

Rogers 360 date and info request

Hi there :)

I am a guitarist so please be gentle!

Recently I was gifted a set of Rogers 360 drums and assorted bastard hardware. Would anyone be so kind as to identify/date the main parts of the unit? There are other models such as Gibraltar and other stuff but any help on dating it or other information would be greatly appreciated.

You can view pictures of the kit and hardware in the following folder:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Asfvz6Ie5PkFhCrVV721MbFDiIjJ

Thanks so much :)

theramin

Posted on 7 years ago

I'm not a Rogers expert, but that kit is in a finish called "Red Umber"

and dates to around 1967 when that finish was available..Really well made drums

and i believe those kits were made in Japan at the Yamaha factory..

Snare drum is a vintage MIJ (made in Japan) Bollero snare drum..Not worth much,

but may sound decent with some new heads and proper tuning..These Rogers drums show up from time to time and sound really good..I'm sure there'll be some Rogers guys who will let you know more info about your kit..

Here's some info from the vintagedrumguide.com..

Hope this helps..

http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/rogers_drumsets_1969_R360.html

Posted on 7 years ago

Thank you so much for the quick reply! From the catalog link it looks like a 'double soul' red umber model? At least the bass drum and toms are intact. The serial number paper stock inside the toms looks pretty old. Maybe I can date it with more information.

Regards, theramin

Posted on 7 years ago

From theramin

Thank you so much for the quick reply! From the catalog link it looks like a 'double soul' red umber model? At least the bass drum and toms are intact. The serial number paper stock inside the toms looks pretty old. Maybe I can date it with more information.Regards, theramin

No problem ! ;) Also, on closer inspection, i noticed that the bass drum lugs, T-rods, and claws are MIJ and

not original to the Rogers 360 series.. You can sometimes find those lugs on ebay, or even post that

you're looking for those lugs on the "Wanted" section of this forum. There may even be some

members who might have some lying around and can probably sell them to you.

Cheers,

Rob

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here