Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

Slingerland Bernard Purdie set-made in Nashville

(Updated- See last post)

I know the Nashville Slingerland drums are sought after these days. I love this kit, but the 18" bass is just too limiting for me. I need something more versatile.

The drums are in great condition, and are quite beautiful. They have an off-white lacquer finish with gold hardware for accent. 8 x 12, 9 x 13, and 14 x 14 toms, and 14 x 18 bass. All tom hardware included. No snare drum or other hardware.

I will post pictures of the set this weekend.

I live in the Memphis, TN area. If you are close, we can arrange to meet in person. If not, then we will have to discuss shipping.

I'm just gauging interest at this point, so make me an offer. And feel free to ask any questions that you may have on the set.

Posted on 10 years ago

Wow, really nice kit. The Nashville's aren't on the radar of many jazzers, but I bet these would be great for that style. Good luck with the sale!

12/14/20 Mahogany INDe Bop Cocktail Hybrid

Late 50s Black Nitron 3 Ply Gretsch 13/16/20 w/ Max Roach Snare
Posted on 10 years ago

Here's a stock pic of those gorgeous drums.

[IMG]http://jazztimes.com/images/content/articles/0003/6636/199802_027a_span9.jpg?1240941785[/IMG]

12/14/20 Mahogany INDe Bop Cocktail Hybrid

Late 50s Black Nitron 3 Ply Gretsch 13/16/20 w/ Max Roach Snare
Posted on 10 years ago

What do you need to get out them? I'm in if the price is right.

'56 Slingerland Krupa Set - Sparkling Gold Pearl
60's WFL Orphans Club Date - Black/Gold Duco (20/13/15)
Posted on 10 years ago

Here are a few pictures of the drums. More to come.

Posted on 10 years ago

And a few more

3 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago

Update- I am looking for $1200 for this set with the cases. That is based on what I found a couple of sets going for on good old Craigslist. Mine is right in-between them.

Also, I am very open to the possibility of a trade. I am primarily looking for a kit with a 20" bass and 4 toms. I can be flexible. I am just looking to get away from the 18" bass, so no kits with that size, please. I would also consider a good ride cymbal + cash.

Feel free to ask questions here. PM me with serious offers. Let me know if you need any additional pictures.

Posted on 10 years ago

This may be a stupid question, but this was Purdie's actual kit? Or did Slingerland make several in the style? Thanks.

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 10 years ago

From larryz

This may be a stupid question, but this was Purdie's actual kit? Or did Slingerland make several in the style? Thanks.

Not a stupid question. These aren't in production anymore, and it is hard to find any information on them.

It was not owned by Bernard Purdie. He was a Slingerland endorser when they were based in Nashville, and they made a special kit model for him. This is a Bernard Purdie Signature set.

Posted on 10 years ago

What a cool set! Good luck with your sale.

Randy

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here