Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.63048%

WTB: Slingerland Student Model (or Sound King) nickel lugs (Late 50's - 1-6 count)

I have a single nickel plated lug from 1955-'58 Radio King Student snare that was completely roached on a buffer when I bought it more than 30 years ago. I'd like to see about getting it replaced, along with some other work I'm doing on it. I only need 1, and I'm looking for anybody who has one or more available for donating, trading or selling.

The body design is the classic Slingy #567 "Radio King Student/Sound King/Gene Krupa Sound King" 2 1/4" on hole center lugs that were used in production from 1955 until the late 70's.

Unfortunately, and what makes this a bit tougher, is that the nickel plating was only used from 1955 - 1958. During 1958, it changed to chrome only. (Cook Book p.187 STUDENT MODEL RADIO KING). And although ideally, I would love to have nickel replace nickel - I would be overjoyed with chrome from the same period.

Watching Ebay several weeks has brought only 70's era chrome, which would be much too light to even moderately match the bluing nickel, and I'm hesitant to use a drumfactorydirect reproduction http://www.drumfactorydirect.com/ind...oducts_id=2309 unless I replace them all (which i would not, in that case, and just wait - hopefully not another 30 years!).

Thanks again for looking everybody.

Pat

1 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago

I'm not certain, but I may have one....

Give me a few days to check my stash...

Kevin
Posted on 10 years ago

Let me know if Keven doesn't have ...pretty sure I have 8...but there is light-med pitting....

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 10 years ago

I have 8 original, (vintage 1955) Sound King lugs in like-new condition, w/all hardware, but I'm not willing to break up the set. If you want them, you'll have to take all 8. They look like NOS parts, so they won't be 'cheap' either. I'll be asking for a fair market price for them based on recent sales of 'similar quality' Sound King lugs on ebay. PM me if you're interested. I'll do my homework in the mean-time and we'll hash out a deal, but only if you take all 8 lugs.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 10 years ago

Nope, ain't got one....just a set or two of tom luggzz in nickle

Sorry, bro....

Kevin
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here