Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

Identifying snare drum with missing badge

Hello! I have this gold sparkle snare drum that has a missing badge, and I'm wondering if there is any way to figure out the brand and age of it?

1. Drum Shell Material -- Wood

2. Drum Finish -- Sparkle

3. Drum Badge -- Missing

3. Drum Dimensions -- 5.5 x 14

4. Interior Finish -- Natural

5. Hardware Configuration -- 8 lugs

You can see where the badge was affixed, and it appears to be a round shape (from the shape of some of the leftover adhesive), but that's all I know. It says "Japan" on the strainer. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any markings inside the shell...

Any help that you can give me is greatly appreciated! :)

Posted on 6 years ago

MIJ... Maybe Crest, Maxtone, CB 700 etc?

Mike Curotto

Posted on 6 years ago

Yep, definitely MIJ! not a doubt in my mind.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 6 years ago

MIJ (made in Japan) which may have been sold under literally a hundred different names which is why they are called "stencil" brands. An importer ( J.C. Penney's, Speigel, Montgomery Ward, Sears, etc.etc.) would contract with a far eastern company to build drums and put their particular name/badge on them. Most of these were made by either of two companies who eventually became the Tama and Pearl brands of today. You might check the other forum here on non-USA drums for a more precise answer.

Posted on 6 years ago

Thank you!! I know very little about drums, so I'm glad that I asked the experts! :)

-Stephanie

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here