Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

1945 Leedy Dreadnought bass drum? Pics in post!

Recently acquired this 26x14 bass drum and could not for the life of me figure out what it was. After having some help with research most things are pointing to it being part of Leedy's wartime Dreadnought line. The only stamps on the inside read "45" and "010pearl" which I would assume would represent the year and original wrap color. I have no hardware for it other than a few warped hoops. There is not much info out there as far as value or hardware and anything you can give me would be great! Thanks!

2 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

From Dw91290

Recently acquired this 26x14 bass drum and could not for the life of me figure out what it was. After having some help with research most things are pointing to it being part of Leedy's wartime Dreadnought line. The only stamps on the inside read "45" and "010pearl" which I would assume would represent the year and original wrap color. I have no hardware for it other than a few warped hoops. There is not much info out there as far as value or hardware and anything you can give me would be great! Thanks!

Dw91290!

I converted your links to attachments, which is what we request you use here when putting up pics! Also, your snare drum link was dead .. nothing there .. thus I couldn't convert that one of course! Otherwise, WELCOME to the VDF! Enjoy your stay!

Tommyp

Posted on 7 years ago
Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks guys! Sorry about the picture mishap! Thanks for that! So the Dreadnought's were made with very little metal to allow more for the necessities of war. Anything else out there??

Posted on 7 years ago

You might be able to find the wood lugs through VDF members or on eBay. They may be tough to find though. Good luck in your quest.

Michael

No Guru - I just love collecting & learning about vintage drums!

Some of my favorites from the kits in the collection
58 WFL New Yorker Blue Sparkle
67 Ludwig Hollywood Red Psychedelic
69 Ludwig Standard Red Ruby Strata
70's Ludwig BOP "Ringo" Kit

A few of my favorite snares
20's Leedy Black Elite
51 Leedy & Ludwig Knob Tension
58 WFL Buddy Rich Classic Blue Sparkle
63 Walberg & Auge Sea Blue Agave Green Pearl
66 Leedy Shelly Manne Blue Agate Pearl
Posted on 7 years ago

Yeah I'm going to try that! I can barely find any of them out there. Does anyone have any idea of the value of something like this? Is it fairly desirable?

Posted on 7 years ago

Send me a Pm I had a guy here in Denver help me resurrect this dreadnaught kit...

1 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

From dan1434

Send me a Pm I had a guy here in Denver help me resurrect this dreadnaught kit...

WOW!!!! That's amazing! Mind Blowi

Posted on 7 years ago

Beautiful!!! Message sent Dan!

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here