Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

Help identify Slingerland Studio King 22, 12, 16

Hi

I don't have much knowledge of these kits. Can somebody please help me in identifying this particular era and whether I have one of the well made Nashville kits or one of the the ones which were not so up to scratch. Any help of value would be greatly appreciated!

Iv'e attached some photos and a serial number.

Thanks!

3 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

Per articles by DrCJWenk: Gibson owned Slingerland era. High end drums made in Conway, Arkansas, 2003-2008. Your serial numbers suggest earlier in that time frame.

Posted on 7 years ago

Conway, Arkansas

Alan M
Tullahoma, TN

WTB Slingerland Shelbyville drums, etc.
Posted on 7 years ago

You are correct decotriumph, post has been edited. Any other info you can share on these drums?

Posted on 7 years ago

From slingerfan

You are correct decotriumph, post has been edited. Any other info you can share on these drums?

No, I gave all my knowledge in that single little poof! LOL

That sure is a nice-looking drum, though.

Alan M
Tullahoma, TN

WTB Slingerland Shelbyville drums, etc.
Posted on 7 years ago

The Nashvilles are great drums but the Conways are nothing to sneeze at. As far as I know the only real problem was the wraps didn't seem to stay on that well. Many either didn't have this problem or else it has already been addressed. They were very expensive when new. The Nashvilles probably have the edge on desirability but the Conways were far from being junk.

Same looking badge but a different town...

1 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here