Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

F/S: 1928-1935 Ludwig Standard Model 5x14 NOB - Nice!

This drum is sold! 05/05/17

For sale is, to the best of the information I've gathered from members and catalogue photos on line, is a 1928 or 1929 Ludwig & Ludwig "Standard Model" NOB (nickel over brass) 5x14 snare drum. These 2pc. shells were made of heavy gauge spun brass and beautifully nickel plated.

It has all of the original parts except for the gut snares. It is outfitted with a Remo Skyntone batter head and a hazy Ambassador snare side. It has a Puresound Custom 16 strand snappy that I believe was made when Joav owned the Puresound company.

This drum for being almost 90 years old is in very nice shape. I would give it's condition a strong 8 out of 10. It has some very mild scratches like any drum of this era and one pin dent to the upper left side of the engraved Ludwig logo, a few small indents and a little rash in the nickel on the shell, but no rust or flaking as you can see in the clear photo. The hoops and lugs look very nice and the strainer does have some cosmetic wear as you can plainly see by the clear photo but works perfectly.

I am asking for $800.00 plus shipping. I will ship it anywhere inside the Continental United states and I only accept PayPal for payment. It will be shipped UPS insured and I will calculate the shipping based on your location.

THIS IS NOT A MUSEUM PIECE! If you are looking for a museum piece with absolutely no wear that is flawless then this drum is not for you! If you are looking for a very collectible piece that can also be played, which I feel is the intention of these vintage drums since they will out live any drummer alive today, then this could be for you! It has been mildly used over the years but everything is in order on this beautiful piece of history! This is a high quality all USA made instrument that sounds amazing!

I can send more photos to anyone really interested in buying it. PM me with serious inquiries only. Thanks, Randy

[Attachment: 109173]

Posted on 7 years ago

This drum is SOLD!

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here