Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

From Hoppy

It looks like the standard Ludwig flange... I've attached a couple of images for your comparison. Hopefully they're not too small to see the details.

I guess you're right. I was a little confused because I thought the bearing edges on 402 Supras were a little wider than mine. Either way I love the drum.

Posted on 8 years ago

I agree, these were great drums when they came out, I've always thought these hammered drums are so visually striking! I was motivated to get one as it was fairly rare to see them in action compared to the other Supra models...

I love the sound and preferred it to my Black Beauty (my favorite though was the Coliseum, which got the most milage out of snares).

Posted on 8 years ago

Mo - i just noticed for the first time that my drum does have a "B" above the screw, above the muffler knob. Are u aware of some historical significance to whether it is engraved backwards or not?

Hoppy - u r absolutely correct - "Hammered," not Hand Hammered. Sorry for accidently adding to the myriad of details.

As we know, all that really matters, is how a drum, cymbal --- any instrument SOUNDS to us!

Posted on 8 years ago

From Oldenuf

Mo - i just noticed for the first time that my drum does have a "B" above the screw, above the muffler knob. Are u aware of some historical significance to whether it is engraved backwards or not?Hoppy - u r absolutely correct - "Hammered," not Hand Hammered. Sorry for accidently adding to the myriad of details.As we know, all that really matters, is how a drum, cymbal --- any instrument SOUNDS to us!

It's my guess that the backwards B was a way to distinguish it from a brass shell, which likely had a right sided 'B' stamp. Not sure.

I believe Ludwig used a 'BR' stamp later on to denote brass and 'BZ' to denote bronze.

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here