Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

Rogers 60's Holiday kit: real or not?

Hey everyone, I've read this forum for some time now and this is the first time I've had to post. I saw a guy advertising a Rogers kit on Craigslist in "fair" shape and asked for some info. He sent me two pictures and said it was a Rogers Holiday kit, but looking at the pictures he sent me, the hardware doesn't look like any other Holiday kit I've seen around. Could anyone tell based on the pictures what this kit may be, if it is Rogers at all? There are no badges shown (sketchy...) but I'd really appreciate the help. Also, since I might be checking them out in person tomorrow, is there anything I should look for or look out for when seeing the drums for the first time?

Thanks!

Matt

[Attachment: 99504]

[Attachment: 99505]

2 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

Hey Matt, welcome. I'm only seeing MIJ stuff in those photos.

Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 8 years ago

From MBlood66

Hey everyone, I've read this forum for some time now and this is the first time I've had to post. I saw a guy advertising a Rogers kit on Craigslist in "fair" shape and asked for some info. He sent me two pictures and said it was a Rogers Holiday kit, but looking at the pictures he sent me, the hardware doesn't look like any other Holiday kit I've seen around. Could anyone tell based on the pictures what this kit may be, if it is Rogers at all? There are no badges shown (sketchy...) but I'd really appreciate the help. Also, since I might be checking them out in person tomorrow, is there anything I should look for or look out for when seeing the drums for the first time?Thanks!Matt[Attachment: 99504][Attachment: 99505]

First off Welcome to the forum ! Second of all, you've come to the right place.. Those are NOT Rogers drums.

I'm thinking it's just a lack of knowledge on the seller's part..What you have there is a mixed drum kit, with floor tom being early 70's made in Japan, a Ludwig tom which looks to be drilled with Pearl style tom mount, A bass drum with Ludwig lugs, but the mounting hardware says made in Japan, and a Ludwig Marching snare drum.. The silver sparkle snare drum is made in Japan, but the metal snare drum looks like it could be an Ajax- Boosey and Hawkes, which were made in England. They usually had snare drums with offset lugs that were pointed.. If you thought it was a Rogers and it was what you're looking for, i'd pass.. Ask him if the Ludwig marching snare drum has a badge..If it doesn't, it might still be worth it just for the marching band and B&H snare drums. The Ludwig hardware on it's own might be worth more than the drums themselves. Look for a badge on the metal snare drum and see if it says Ajax Boosey and Hawkes. .For the tom and bass drum, it could be a Ludwig Rocker, so you'd have to look for a beige-ish/grey-ish interior coating inside the shell. Whatever the case, the drums have been tampered with and not really worth it..

Hope this helps ;)

cheers !

Posted on 8 years ago

That set............. he should pay you to haul them off.

Buy a copy of Rob Cook's Rogers Drums book...

Read that.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 8 years ago

It is partially a Rogers 360/380 kit from the late 70's. The floor tom and bottom mounted tom look interesting. Check out the intriguing positioning of the tom mount on the BD. I'd go look at those...but that's just me.

Posted on 8 years ago

From MBlood66

Hey everyone, I've read this forum for some time now and this is the first time I've had to post. I saw a guy advertising a Rogers kit on Craigslist in "fair" shape and asked for some info. He sent me two pictures and said it was a Rogers Holiday kit, but looking at the pictures he sent me, the hardware doesn't look like any other Holiday kit I've seen around. Could anyone tell based on the pictures what this kit may be, if it is Rogers at all? There are no badges shown (sketchy...) but I'd really appreciate the help. Also, since I might be checking them out in person tomorrow, is there anything I should look for or look out for when seeing the drums for the first time?Thanks!Matt[Attachment: 99504][Attachment: 99505]

Hey Matt, welcome...

After looking at the pics provided..

Maybe the shells might be something..

However the hoops.hardware..etc are not worth the drive..

Also, the shells would be redrilled and old holes bored out..!

Yr time is as valuable as yr money...save both.

Rims.

Where are u located..?

Bop iT / Til U Drop iT.

ROGER's
1964 Cleveland,.18/14/12 in WMP
1966 Cleveland, 20/14/12 O'natural.
Fullerton,...20/16/13/12 Silver Glass

WFL
1957 B/R Super Classics In WMP

Snares..
Wood & COB Powertones,
Wood & COB Dynasonics,
57 Jazz Festival

Zildjian avedis cymbals.
40s/60s era.
Posted on 8 years ago

From teverson-sr

It is partially a Rogers 360/380 kit from the late 70's. The floor tom and bottom mounted tom look interesting. Check out the intriguing positioning of the tom mount on the BD. I'd go look at those...but that's just me.

I don't think so.. Those lugs are Ludwig..The 360-380 Rogers Lugs are different, and more rectangular..Looks like someone removed whatever crap lugs were on there and replaced them with Ludwig..Everything else looks useless, except for the possible Luddy marching snare drum, possible B&H snare drum, and the all the Ludwig hardware..

Here's a pic of Rogers 360..The lugs are clearly different.

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

Later Rogers 360/380 drums are MIT's with those squared-off lugs which are very much prone to cracking. I'm saying after the Yammies...my son had a walnut wrap set with those lugs.Look at the catalog pages for Rogers 1980 and you'll see what I mean. They are pretty embarassing...most likely the same factory as Gretsch Blackhawk, ADAM,R.O.C and any number of others.

Posted on 8 years ago

From RIMS n SKINS

Hey Matt, welcome...After looking at the pics provided..Maybe the shells might be something..However the hoops.hardware..etc are not worth the drive..Also, the shells would be redrilled and old holes bored out..!Yr time is as valuable as yr money...save both.Rims.Where are u located..?

Thanks for all your help, everyone! I always learn from reading posts here. I'm located in southern NJ, just outside of Philly. Looks like I won't be checking them out. Seemed too good to be true when I read. Guess I saw what I wanted to see...

Posted on 8 years ago

From MBlood66

Thanks for all your help, everyone! I always learn from reading posts here. I'm located in southern NJ, just outside of Philly. Looks like I won't be checking them out. Seemed too good to be true when I read. Guess I saw what I wanted to see...

Good call. Welcome to the club.

- EMD
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here