Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.63048%

Mysterious cymbal - need help

Hi. Anyone knows this cymbals?

The dark one seems to be B8 bronze alloy, right?

The bell shape is very peculiar. Maybe a Paiste Giant Beat?

I don't have any info about stamps, engraved logos, sizes, etc.

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

The one on the left looks like it could be an old Camber. I would need to see a clear up-close pic of it to be sure though.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago

From Drummerjohn333

The one on the left looks like it could be an old Camber. I would need to see a clear up-close pic of it to be sure though.

If it's a Camber, is it a good sounding cymbal?

Posted on 8 years ago

From JohnBonham

If it's a Camber, is it a good sounding cymbal?

Hard to tell - Cambers were made with just about every metal/alloy other than B20. Some can sound good, but unfortunately it is commonly difficult to tell which metal you are looking at. I have mistaken them more than once, and have to just chalk it up as the result of a calculated risk.

If you can check it out in person, that would make it easier! If not, I would snag it all up if the price is right. I would not go over 70 for all that though (just to through a number out there). The one on the right looks like it could be a Belloti, which is an Italian cymbal that tends to be real thick. Sometimes they work well as HH bottoms, but size might be an issue. Italian cymbals all tend to be undersized by a bit (like 13 7/8) - part of a good way to ID them.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago

The one on the left looks like a Zyn Standard Quality to me. I think they were a B15 alloy or B10 unlike the other Zyn which were NS12 nickel silver alloy. It could also be a Krut Special or Dixie, but only a trademark stamp will confirm that. A lot of those cymbals can sound great as light ride cymbals for certain types of music. I like them because they've got a drier sound to B20 cymbals and they're usually light to extremely light with a very trashy and dark sound.

Posted on 8 years ago

20" (or more) Dixie, made by Paiste, would be my best guess, too, for the left cymbal.

Can furtheron confirm what Chromeo stated about it's sound: my experience, too.

Cheers, Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 8 years ago

The larger one looks like a cheap brass cymbal, like a MIJ or at best an old Leedy. The one on the right looks possibly more interesting, but judging by the hoops it's probably only 12". Without more info I don't think I'd pay anything at all.

Posted on 8 years ago

The left one indeed doesn't look like a giant beat. The bell is too small for that... Although I might be mistaking!

Posted on 8 years ago

Hi. Thanks for your replies. The seller sent me some detailed photos.

The left cymbal is an 18" Dixie (Made in Germany). I'm not sure if it's a crash, ride, ...

The right cymbal is a 14" Paiste 101 hihat (bottom), nickel silver I suppose.

I just bought the entire pack, except the heads.

I can post photos later if you want.

Cheers.

Posted on 8 years ago

We want.........

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here