Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

Star Snare - Info needed

Hi all.

I saw this snare for sale. The head has a "Star" logo

I need your help to identify it and know its value.

The seller accepts offers.

Thank you in advance.

3 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

HY

if you want to know if it is a Star snare-yes it is one:-) I sold one the last time for about 100 Euro! But it looked a lot better;-)

These Snares sounds very good with the right heads and tuning:-)

regards

Christian

Posted on 8 years ago

From ChristianB

HYif you want to know if it is a Star snare-yes it is one:-) I sold one the last time for about 100 Euro! But it looked a lot better;-)These Snares sounds very good with the right heads and tuning:-)regardsChristian

Hi Christian.

The seller isn't a drummer and he accepts offers or trade. He isn't interested in drumming gear, so I think I'll make my offer.

I'm thinking in a lower value, maybe 30 (euro). It is complete, no missing parts, just a cut head.

Cheers

Posted on 8 years ago

From ChristianB

HYif you want to know if it is a Star snare-yes it is one:-) I sold one the last time for about 100 Euro! But it looked a lot better;-)These Snares sounds very good with the right heads and tuning:-)regardsChristian

By the way, do you know the year of this model?

Posted on 8 years ago

Late 60s start of the 70s i would say! But i am sure Ralf will join in and tell you exactly;-) Then offer 20 euro...it´s a lot of work to make it shine again;-)

regards

Christian

Posted on 8 years ago

Christian,

Does this Star have a badge? A round one perhaps? I collect these old Stars and even play with a big ol' seven piece set but, to be honest, this looks in pretty rough shape. Maybe it will clean up somewhat though. Check out Ralf's site. He is quite the authority and would know more than I. If it's a round badge, probably early seventies.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 8 years ago

I saw some with a badge but also one without...and there are the same snares with a Drumate badge. With the round badge it´s 70s .. Had a few of them and still have, i like the way the sound;-)

salty 1322 you are right Ralf is the man for that:-)

regards

Christian

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here