Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

Ludwig 60's Keystone Badge: How To Restore?

I know exactly where youre coming from vintagedream. I think I understand that. i'm just saying for me, I don't want the badge to look "better" than it did when it was new. it just stands out and looks out of place to me.

mike

Posted on 9 years ago

This is one of those time's when there is no wrong or right answer. If you want it polished then its the right thing to do. Were just giving our opinions.

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 9 years ago

On my '48 - '52 WFLs I would polish the badges occasionally when I polished the chrome with Brasso or Noxon. After a few such sessions I noticed the badges were actually being worn smooth and were becoming slightly more difficult to read. Seems they are made of really soft stuff. No more polishing of the badges!

Posted on 9 years ago

Good point Batterhead, it brings conclusion to this topic for me. If polishing diminishes the badge then it is not worth the trade off. Thank you to everyone for commenting, your knowledge and experience is invaluable.

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here