Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

Lockdown Deri Drum Story!

Hello all....

hope everyone is staying safe during these tough Lockdown Times...

Thought at these times I would share a story of a drum and how things are possible with teamwork and drum brothers on this great forum!

...So in very early April, a guy contacted me from Canada and sent me a message to say that he was thinking of buying a damaged rare Oval Snare Drum and to re-sell it on and that had seen my Trixon page and asked me to identify what drum it was... After looking at the photo's I told him it was a very rare Deri snare drum from the 1950's and it would need the front head re-lapping and to buy it..He did offer the seller a price but it wasn't accepted..He then replied a week later to say that as it was Lockdown he was not going to buy it to do it up or re-lap it just to sell it on and had decided he was going to pass, he did offer to buy the drum for me but at these times the drum was priced very high and the seller understandably was not budging on price! ...Then I got another message shortly afterwards from a guy in Europe also asking me for information and to identify the drum, once again I told him that it was a Deri Drum and it would be good to have in his collection but for sure it would need work and one of the heads re-lapping... we exchanged a couple of e mails and I assumed he had bought it...

...Then just after the middle of April the snare drum appears again for sale but it is collection only and the price has now been reduced...I am now getting more interested but how to get this from Canada over to me here in London, England... I decided to send the seller a message and find out about possible postage but he is adamant that it will be collection only so I decided to leave it..

....Now forward to the end of April and I come across fellow drum member Grantro's post on here where he had posted on about the same Oval Shaped Snare Drum..(Very rare oval shaped Snare drum. I have never seen another one like this. There is no badge or name on it. Not in the greatest condition but very cool)

....So I contacted my fellow drum brother and after many messages from me to him, he agreed that he would be willing to go and collect the drum for me and post it over the pond!! But the seller was not budging on price (250 canadian) but sadly the deal ended as the cost plus postage would be far too much, not even including the repair costs too!!

Now middle of May and the seller has now reduced the price and I notice the snare is for sale once again, so more communication with me and our drum brother on here Grantro and I then get an offer for the drum accepted from the seller and the three of us communicate more and then Boom amazing the seller agrees and Grantro messages me to say he is going to be collecting the snare Drum on May 24th and will let me know when he has it safely at his house!!

.. Later that day I receive the e mail I was waiting for...yes yes he has the snare drum safely at his house....I was well overjoyed and so so happy!!

...So now 4 weeks later and just waiting for the border to open so that Grantro (AKA Rod) can post off the drum via U.S.A. over the pond to me here in London.

I am so excited to receive this drum (looking like August wow 5 months on!) and the story just goes to show how great this Vintage Drum Forum is and the importance of friends within our drum community and how we can trust fellow members and how communication and teamwork can actually make things happen!!

.... Once again massive THANKS to Grantro (AKA Rod) for helping me grab this snare drum and for all his top communication and understanding on making it happen for me, i'm so delighted!! Jump For Joy

...some photo's of the drum when it was collected!!

3 attachments
99.9 kB
105.2 kB
81.5 kB
45/48 Slingerland WMP
51 Luxus WMP
56 Speedfire BDP
56 Speedfire WMP
59 Speedfire Aqua
59 Speedfire Red Sparkle
59 Deri Dixi Red Perloid
59 Luxus BDP
60 Luxus Black Silver
61 Luxus WMP
62 Telstar Blue Stripe
62 Telstar Red Croc
62 Telstar Gold Croc
62 Telstar Blue Croc
63 Luxus Gold Croc
64 Speedfire Blue Sparkle
64 Luxus Black/Gold Spots
65 Speedfire Gold Croc
66 Luxus Blue Croc
66 Vox Thunderbolt Silver Croc
67 Vox Telstar Blue Croc
67 Vox Telstar Red Sparkle
Posted on 4 years ago

it was mounted behind the Deri comma drum

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=65982&highlight=deri

see last image

Posted on 4 years ago

From hipercussion

it was mounted behind the Deri comma drumhttp://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=65982&highlight=derisee last image

Yes i know as I have the catalogue.... hope you liked the story..

1 attachments
113.2 kB
45/48 Slingerland WMP
51 Luxus WMP
56 Speedfire BDP
56 Speedfire WMP
59 Speedfire Aqua
59 Speedfire Red Sparkle
59 Deri Dixi Red Perloid
59 Luxus BDP
60 Luxus Black Silver
61 Luxus WMP
62 Telstar Blue Stripe
62 Telstar Red Croc
62 Telstar Gold Croc
62 Telstar Blue Croc
63 Luxus Gold Croc
65 Speedfire Gold Croc
66 Luxus Blue Croc
67 Vox Telstar Blue Croc
Posted on 4 years ago

possible to see the whole catalog scanned? thanks

Posted on 4 years ago

From hipercussion

possible to see the whole catalog scanned? thanks

No sorry I can't do that as I dont have a scanner.....this is a story about the fantastic help, support and communication from another drum enthusiast and forum member in order to get a very rare drum,,, Clapping Happy2

45/48 Slingerland WMP
51 Luxus WMP
56 Speedfire BDP
56 Speedfire WMP
59 Speedfire Aqua
59 Speedfire Red Sparkle
59 Deri Dixi Red Perloid
59 Luxus BDP
60 Luxus Black Silver
61 Luxus WMP
62 Telstar Blue Stripe
62 Telstar Red Croc
62 Telstar Gold Croc
62 Telstar Blue Croc
63 Luxus Gold Croc
65 Speedfire Gold Croc
66 Luxus Blue Croc
67 Vox Telstar Blue Croc
Posted on 4 years ago

diamond,

I'm glad that I had the opportunity to assist you!! Of course, Covid has made logistics of the snare more of a challenge, but, with time, it's an obstacle that we will overcome...

There have been members here in the past that have helped me, so, I like to "pay it forward" when I can!!

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 4 years ago

From grantro

diamond,I'm glad that I had the opportunity to assist you!! Of course, Covid has made logistics of the snare more of a challenge, but, with time, it's an obstacle that we will overcome...There have been members here in the past that have helped me, so, I like to "pay it forward" when I can!!Cheers

Thanks again Grantro for everything so far mate, really do appreciate it and glad you like the story so far...

....on the final chapter now and once it's safe to post and here in London I will finish the story...thanks again mate...

45/48 Slingerland WMP
51 Luxus WMP
56 Speedfire BDP
56 Speedfire WMP
59 Speedfire Aqua
59 Speedfire Red Sparkle
59 Deri Dixi Red Perloid
59 Luxus BDP
60 Luxus Black Silver
61 Luxus WMP
62 Telstar Blue Stripe
62 Telstar Red Croc
62 Telstar Gold Croc
62 Telstar Blue Croc
63 Luxus Gold Croc
65 Speedfire Gold Croc
66 Luxus Blue Croc
67 Vox Telstar Blue Croc
Posted on 4 years ago

From diamond

Hello all....hope everyone is staying safe during these tough Lockdown Times...Thought at these times I would share a story of a drum and how things are possible with teamwork and drum brothers on this great forum!...So in very early April, a guy contacted me from Canada and sent me a message to say that he was thinking of buying a damaged rare Oval Snare Drum and to re-sell it on and that had seen my Trixon page and asked me to identify what drum it was... After looking at the photo's I told him it was a very rare Deri snare drum from the 1950's and it would need the front head re-lapping and to buy it..He did offer the seller a price but it wasn't accepted..He then replied a week later to say that as it was Lockdown he was not going to buy it to do it up or re-lap it just to sell it on and had decided he was going to pass, he did offer to buy the drum for me but at these times the drum was priced very high and the seller understandably was not budging on price! ...Then I got another message shortly afterwards from a guy in Europe also asking me for information and to identify the drum, once again I told him that it was a Deri Drum and it would be good to have in his collection but for sure it would need work and one of the heads re-lapping... we exchanged a couple of e mails and I assumed he had bought it......Then just after the middle of April the snare drum appears again for sale but it is collection only and the price has now been reduced...I am now getting more interested but how to get this from Canada over to me here in London, England... I decided to send the seller a message and find out about possible postage but he is adamant that it will be collection only so I decided to leave it......Now forward to the end of April and I come across fellow drum member Grantro's post on here where he had posted on about the same Oval Shaped Snare Drum..(Very rare oval shaped Snare drum. I have never seen another one like this. There is no badge or name on it. Not in the greatest condition but very cool)....So I contacted my fellow drum brother and after many messages from me to him, he agreed that he would be willing to go and collect the drum for me and post it over the pond!! But the seller was not budging on price (250 canadian) but sadly the deal ended as the cost plus postage would be far too much, not even including the repair costs too!!Now middle of May and the seller has now reduced the price and I notice the snare is for sale once again, so more communication with me and our drum brother on here Grantro and I then get an offer for the drum accepted from the seller and the three of us communicate more and then Boom amazing the seller agrees and Grantro messages me to say he is going to be collecting the snare Drum on May 24th and will let me know when he has it safely at his house!!.. Later that day I receive the e mail I was waiting for...yes yes he has the snare drum safely at his house....I was well overjoyed and so so happy!!...So now 4 weeks later and just waiting for the border to open so that Grantro (AKA Rod) can post off the drum via U.S.A. over the pond to me here in London.I am so excited to receive this drum (looking like August wow 5 months on!) and the story just goes to show how great this Vintage Drum Forum is and the importance of friends within our drum community and how we can trust fellow members and how communication and teamwork can actually make things happen!!.... Once again massive THANKS to Grantro (AKA Rod) for helping me grab this snare drum and for all his top communication and understanding on making it happen for me, i'm so delighted!! Jump For Joy...some photo's of the drum when it was collected!!

...Just a quick update folks...so here we are in September and due to the Covid virus the snare drum is still unable to be posted from U.S.A

...So here's hoping that one day the story will be finished and the drum safely here in London, England...

45/48 Slingerland WMP
51 Luxus WMP
56 Speedfire BDP
56 Speedfire WMP
59 Speedfire Aqua
59 Speedfire Red Sparkle
59 Deri Dixi Red Perloid
59 Luxus BDP
60 Luxus Black Silver
61 Luxus WMP
62 Telstar Blue Stripe
62 Telstar Red Croc
62 Telstar Gold Croc
62 Telstar Blue Croc
63 Luxus Gold Croc
65 Speedfire Gold Croc
66 Luxus Blue Croc
67 Vox Telstar Blue Croc
Posted on 3 years ago

It`s looking like the Canada/US borders will be closed to non-essential travel until at least November due to Covid...

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 3 years ago

Ok gang…

So as you can see the story of this very rare Deri Oval snare drum started as far back as April 2020!

❤️ Well I’m pleased to say myself and Granto have finally ended our story and the drum is now safely in London, England!

I would like to say a massive THANK YOU to Grantro (Rod) for all his fantastic communication and for helping make this all happen! It just goes to show how fabulous the Drum Forum Group is!!

Next step is a brand new head that a drum friend is going to make and then new snare wires!!!

Here is my very rare Deri Dixi with complete elliptical bass drum!

45/48 Slingerland WMP
51 Luxus WMP
56 Speedfire BDP
56 Speedfire WMP
59 Speedfire Aqua
59 Speedfire Red Sparkle
59 Deri Dixi Red Perloid
59 Luxus BDP
60 Luxus Black Silver
61 Luxus WMP
62 Telstar Blue Stripe
62 Telstar Red Croc