Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > For Sale

Old 03-07-2012, 11:41 AM

Default 1979 Ludwig Natural Maple kit

This is a kit that I have recently picked up and have been selling parts from.
I have already sold the 6.5X14 Supra.;..Zildjian Cymbals....stands, pedals and throne.
This seems to have been a custom order kit from 79-80. It has the standard 16X16 floor and a Power Bass (16X22...w/4 spurs) that came with the "Power Factory" or the "Sound Projector" kits. It was ordered with power toms or "aerial toms" as Ludwig also called them. They are 11X12 and 12X13.
The finish is in very good shape without the typical "rash" that you see on toms and bass drums. All the B/O pointy badges lay tight against the shells except the one on the floor tom which has lifted just a bit (not bent at all).
The bass drum is missing one original clear maple hoop but there is a non inlay hoop on it now that could be sanded and cleared.
I have not done anything to them since receiving them. The lugs need to be cleaned and polished as does the rest of the hardware. This kit will clean up very nicely. I have three Ludwig front heads that you can choose from. One clear logo head, one smooth white with one port and one coated with two ports. I can send pictures if needed.
$600 plus shipping.
We will need to work out how you would want these shipped. Two boxes would be the way I would go.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: 1979 Ludwig Natural Maple kit

I'd be interested in that sweet looking green kit looking all lonely in the background.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickM View Post
I'd be interested in that sweet looking green kit looking all lonely in the background.
Ahh.....no..
But soon they will be available to all...
Old 03-15-2012, 10:14 AM

for the Ludwig Natural Maple