Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

Slingerland Radio King 30's/40's?

Hi y'all!

I recently bought this Slingerland Radio King snare drum and I wanted to know your thoughts about it!

It's a solid maple shell with reinforcement rings. Size is 14" by 7 1/4" deep. Is this a common size? Bearing edges and snare beds seem original, so I don't think it has been cut down or something.

I'm pretty sure the maple finish isn't original. Also, the inside looks to be stained.. Do you think this RK was originally wrapped?

I'm not sure about the date of this drum. The badge is a 30's cloud badge. It has two 6-screw extension brackets, but they're not adjustible (no brass thumb wheels)

It also has a double pad red felt muffler and a 3-point strainer (no Slingerland stamp on the lever)

Is this a late 30's or early 40's Radio King? What do you think?

Thank you and all the best!

1 attachments
108.8 kB
Posted on 9 years ago

More pictures!

1 attachments
105.6 kB
Posted on 9 years ago

More pictures:

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

more pictures:

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

Luka, the shell and the rims are probably late 30's early 40's, but the 3 point strainer and snare gates are later 40's early 50's. it is a 7x14"

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 9 years ago

Does the grommet look like it's been messed with at all from the inside ?

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 9 years ago

Yes, it does!

Posted on 9 years ago

Here's a picture of the inside

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

Luka. a lot of times with radio kings you date them by the hardware that is on them. with yours it has a mix of parts and different time frames. How do plastic heads fit on the shell now?

Posted on 9 years ago

Plastic heads fit perfectly. May have had a duco finish on it?

From which period is the muffler?

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here