Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Zildjian

In my old Drummers book that I have .

Book was made in the 60s and 70s and early 80s

I am just wondering why they pick Swish's and Pang's over an China type cymbals way back then .

If you looking in the book . Like the that I have you will see .

More drummers that pick and use more Swish's and Pang's then they do a China type cymbal .

LOL . That is the best way I know how to say this

Posted on 11 years ago

What?

DOH

Never play it the same way once.
Posted on 11 years ago

I had a Pang back in the 70's. I can't remember when they came out but think it was sometime in the 70's. Mine was a 20" and played it upside down on a boom stand. Great trashy sounds and like a small gong with soft mallets. I found another 20" Pang a few months ago a picked it up. I always have been a Billy Cobham fan. I love the sound of the 22" Swish he used. One of those are on my bucket list too. Not sure who-what-why far as choice per artist but I go by the sound as to what I like.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

All I am just doing is getting some Fresh idea's on what to get .The next time I am going to get one .LOL

One day .

The sound , Size , and Quality of a cymbal .

Posted on 11 years ago

Like FFR428, I also had a 20" Pang that I played upside down, mine was on an Aquarian Cymbal Spring. Used it mainly as a crash/effect cymbal, but also played it that way as a ride in an acoustic blues trio.

[RIGHT]The Band[/RIGHT]

Never play it the same way once.
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here