Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Zildjian ZBT HHs

Please forgive the lack of 'vintage' here. There is a fellow forum member on here who I was hangin' with at one of his gigs. He was showing me his kit, and there, in the midst of more higher-end sophisticated cymbals were a pair of Zildjian ZBT HHs. I stepped back and listened to them, as well as played them.....and by golly, they sounded GREAT.

Then at church, the HHs are those ZBTs again - and noticed at church the other day how bright and crispy they were.

Does anyone else have any praise for these? Perhaps these are the best part of the ZBT line. I infact have a ZBT plus bottom HH, with a bunch of bumps on them, simulating some rippling like the Mastersounds or Sound Edges....and it indeed is a great sounding HH with whatever I land on top of it.

What say you guys about these ZBT HHs?

Oh - I must not forget to ask....does anyone know if there is any difference in these over the years, like different generations of them - change in lathing or composition or anything?

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 11 years ago

I have 2 pairs of 13" ZBT hats. I have to admit they really do sound good for what they are. I was pretty surprised as well. Both sets are from around 05.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

Hi John, I bought a Ludwig kit last summer and a pair of those came with it. I have them sitting with my Slingerland kit and I think they sound good. I dont know anything about them other than that, hopefully someone will tell us more about them.

Jeff C

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 11 years ago

From FFR428

I have 2 pairs of 13" ZBT hats. I have to admit they really do sound good for what they are. I was pretty surprised as well. Both sets are from around 05.

Interestingly, the first cymbals I bought my son around 1999 or 2000 was a set of ZBT's with an 18" crash/ride 14" crash and 13" hats. The 18" and 14" sounded like crap, but the hats seemed to sound much better. While the sticking was mediocre compared to higher end cymbals, these hats has a very cutting and satisfying "chick" when time keeping.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 11 years ago

I used to have a set of 13's that came with a set I bought. I was very impressed with that particular set. However I traded them in for a pair of A customs.

Posted on 11 years ago

From FatherTime

I used to have a set of 13's that came with a set I bought. I was very impressed with that particular set. However I traded them in for a pair of A customs.

i did the same with the set i had. the hats came with the camcos aunt jamie gave me. i thought they were ok but not what i wanted.

Stay Wiggly,
Robyn
Posted on 11 years ago

From FatherTime

Yeah, the 13" ZBT hats are not great cymbals, but they sounded much better than one might expect. I've heard worse.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 11 years ago

Come on forum! Where are the owners of [SIZE="5"]14 inchers[/SIZE]?

Ok - maybe they do not want to admit owning these..........or

maybe they don't want the secret to be out.........or

maybe there are alot of people on here who have not come across 14 inch ZBT HHs?????

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 11 years ago

From Drummerjohn333

Come on forum! Where are the owners of [SIZE="5"]14 inchers[/SIZE]? Ok - maybe they do not want to admit owning these..........ormaybe they don't want the secret to be out.........ormaybe there are alot of people on here who have not come across 14 inch ZBT HHs?????John

The ZBT starter pack came with 13" hats, a 14" crash, and an 18" crash/ride. I believe there was another pack with just the 13" hats and the ride. I had the impression that earlier ZBT's were often used by younger student drummers along side inexpensive student kits like those from Groove Percussion. I don't recall seeing that many pairs of 14" ZBT hats around 1999 and 2000.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here