Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

Zildjian vintage hat. help needed

Hello everybody, I found a guy trying to sell this 13" vintage hat. I searched the whole internet for some information and found almost nothing matching to how this cymbal looks like.

The fact is I'd need a dry, jazzy hat, and he still can't send a sound sample, so I really don't know what to do. I listened to many vintage Zildjian cymbals on youtube, many sound amazing and some sucks... somebody help me identifying at least the series this belongs to!

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/242c552.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/dom5cg.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 12 years ago

No one has any idea about it? It's claimed to be from the 60s but the shape looks way older...

Posted on 12 years ago

My bet is pre 30's easily.....drumaholic is the master of all cymbals...

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 12 years ago

From aaevon

No one has any idea about it? It's claimed to be from the 60s but the shape looks way older...

The stamp, although partly worn away, looks like what Drumaholic refers to as a Type I from the early '30's. The older Arabic script, the lack of the word Trademark under Zildjian, and the lack of a star and moon pretty much pegs it as that.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 12 years ago

this doesn't mean it worth much, isn't it?

Posted on 12 years ago

From aaevon

this doesn't mean it worth much, isn't it?

I'm not sure what your definition of "worth much" is, but this pair is pretty rare I think and probably worth at least several hundred, and maybe a lot more,. But admittedly I know little about the pricing of these hats.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here