Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.46973%

Zildjian trough the ages: the old and the new compared

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk1Fw6rY_lY"]Vintage Cymbals - Memphis Drum Shop - 100 years - Zildjian - YouTube[/ame]

I'll take the any of the old over the new ones here with the only exception being the 22" EAK, which I liked. But this one example would almost certainly not be a true representative of the entire line taken as a whole. It would be more of an outlier; a "cream, of the crop" example if you will. It wouldn't likely be one that you or I would have found mounted on the cymbal tree at your local music store/drum shop back in the 1980's. It might have been one that one that Tony Williams or some other V.I.P would have snatched up directly from the company's cymbal vault.

Posted on 7 years ago

I spotted this the other day on YouTube. Some very nice A's and K's, most of them look like new old stock too. I'll take the older cymbals all day long over any modern ones. What's with this new Avedis line Zildjian have put out that's supposed to mimic the 50's era Avedis? They even tried to add a fake patina and the prices are obscene! You could buy actual 50's era Avedis for less which would have bags more character and without the eyesore of an Avedis ink logo.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here