Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

Zildjian stamps

Is there a site that shows all od the different stamps that Zildjian used over the years? Thanks,Vati

58-Blue Diamond-Pearl Clubdates
65-WMP Clubdates
66-Green Sparkle Clubdates
67-Root Beer Clubdates
65-Cream tiger-stripe Pearl Presidents
60's Red Sparkle Artist LTD
60's yellow sparkle Trixon's
??'s Kingston-MIJ--3piece kit/Pearl snare
many vintage pedals,cymbals,parts,ect,ect
Posted on 9 years ago

Forum member Zenstat has some wonderful information here...

http://black.net.nz/avedis.html

Mike

Posted on 9 years ago

No there isn't one site which shows them all and does a decent job of describing them. If you mean Avedis Zildjian then I believe my site has the most coverage, but I'm still missing a few I need to add. I've got 5 Pre Trans Stamps altogether, plus another late 80s early 90s stamp I'm on the track of. And there are probably more I don't even know about yet.

http://black.net.nz/avedis.html

If you are talking K Zildjian then this site:

http://robscott.net/cymbals/

has pretty good coverage of Istanbul and Constantinople made Ks, then Canadian Ks, then American Ks.

Posted on 9 years ago

Danke Schon!!

65-WMP Clubdates
67-Root Beer Clubdates
Posted on 9 years ago

I have a dot dot dash dash cymbal.20"is lighter than my first 20" but has 6 rivet holes. It is the only time I got to play the cymbal on my kit before buying it. The owner throws in a nice Zildjian 16" crash.15" ??? hi-hats that are really bronze in color.A hard case with a hi-hat,atlas sytle snare stand,heavy duty straight stand and very very heavy duty boom stand.all for 130.That is a nifty Zildjian stamp site!!! Thanks again.....V

65-WMP Clubdates
67-Root Beer Clubdates
Posted on 9 years ago

HI, I've been reading about vintage Zildjian cymbals on here, since picking up a couple of sets of concert crash cymbals. They had previously been owned by a community band that had been active in the 1930-50s.

So, I wanted to confirm that I have identified them correctly.

This set appears to me to be 15in First Stamp cymbals with some ink still showing. They weigh 3lb 7oz and 3lb 7.5oz respectively.

(I'm a low brass player, so you may have to speak slowly for me to understand!)

Thanks for any info.

Posted on 9 years ago

The second set are 17in. They weigh 3lb 14.5oz and 3lb 15oz. I think these may also be First stamps, though I see no ink.

Do I have this right?

Thanks

Posted on 9 years ago

Welcome Kenton. I started out as a French Horn player, so we should be fine.

I'd agree the 15" are pre Trans stamps, but the 17" are Type I Trans stamps. You can read up on the diagnostic criteria I'm using here:

http://black.net.nz/avedis/trans4.html#trans1

And we might hear from Drumaholic (Bill Hartrick) who did the original work of identifying and naming these.

Posted on 9 years ago

Thank you. I know a bit of the history of the band, and they were popular before WWII, but their heyday was when they toured Europe after the war. I've refurbished some for the sousaphones from the band, and they had a similar grouping. Horns from the late 20's and early 30's, and then horns from 1946.

Most interesting.

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here