Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

Zildjian stamp, no "made in usa"?

I'm interested in a pair of hats for sale, no info other than weights about 750 and 850ish, and this picture of the stamp. Any way to tell date and country make? What would be the value? thanks!!

Posted on 14 years ago

I'm certainly no authority on Zildjian cymbals, but I think they made some

Zildjians in Canada before the Sabian plant was ready or something like that.

Found it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]True..but those were usually stamped "Made in Canada".....

Canadian A's......

[COLOR="DarkOrange"].....or...as I call 'em......

Canadian Eh's !!!!!!

Laughing H hahahahahahahahahaha Falling Do....

....oh...oh...oh...sometimes I just kill myself....electricit[/COLOR]

But seriously....they look like 70's cymbals just based on he pattern and uniformity of the hammering, as well as the stamp.....Really nice weights, there...about $120 or so.....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

From EricP

I'm certainly no authority on Zildjian cymbals, but I think they made someZildjians in Canada before the Sabian plant was ready or something like that.

Ya i have a pair of Canadian A hihats and you can see the Made In Canada on the stamp.

Posted on 14 years ago

One of the nicest Zildjians that I own is a Canadian A. It's a perfect 18" Medium Crash/Ride. "It also says Made in Canada" below the zildjian stamp.

From what I understand most of these early Canadian Zildjian/Sabians were quite special.

Buy/Sell/Repair/Rent/Learn

Hoboken, NJ

www.TheDrumDen.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Yes, I certainly have no problem with made in canada cymbals...but i am a bit worried about buying cymbals with no stamp for "made in" at all! Possible forgeries? or just a random glitch in production that you sometimes see? Other than that, any idea what date?

Posted on 14 years ago

Just a chance scew-up, but definitley not a forgery. Looks like early 1970's.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here