Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Zildjian Ride ID

I have a 22" ride with the authentic zildjian stamp "made in USA", but any non-engraved writing ie. "A Custom Ride" etc. has gone.

The hammering is fairly unusual as far as my limited knowledge can tell me. The top is covered in hundreds of little five sided star shaped imprints. The cymbal is pretty thick and has a large bell. From the side it looks quite curved ie. like an "A custom" but not like a "k series".

The sound is also fairly unusual, there are lots of overtones that are heard as soon as you hit it and it is very loud. The overall sound although obviously too big to be used as one, is simillar to a very unusual crash, rather than a ride.

Can anyone help me with ID?? Is it a modified or prototype cymbal, or just one that wasn't produced for long 'coz I have never seen another one.

Posted on 18 years ago

this is part of the Zildjian Z series, which came out in 1986. this style is called the Five Point Star or something obvious like that. the hammering process on Z cymbals is all computer controlled, and in t6hat sense was a forerunner to the A cusoms, which came out in 1991.

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here