Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

Zildjian ride id

Hi all

Would really appreciate any help re my ride cymbal, year, model number if such a thing exists, and value

its 20 inch dia

logo was too faint to photo but think this is what says

made in USA

Zildjian and c

Constantinople cymbals

its 2365g in weight

tried attaching general photo but says theres an error in web page?

Could email photo if helps

Cheers

Daz

Hooray done photo- I really am a slowy when it comes to computers!!

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

It is a Brilliant finished A. Zildjian Medium Ride. As I said in your Hi Hat thread, the A Zildjian & CIE Constantinople stamp was used on Brilliant finished A. Zildjians in the 1970’s -1980’s. Back in those days any model A. Zildjian could be ordered with the brilliant finish.

The weight would put it in the Medium Ride weight by Zildjian’s current weight parameters.

Posted on 13 years ago

[COLOR="Green"]Well...yes, sorta. The A. Constantinoples were a complete cymbal line of their own. It's not as if they were only the special-order brilliant cymbals which got that stamp.

They were Zildjian's early attempt at heavy, brilliant rock rides.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 13 years ago

Hi If its from the 70s-80s is it considered vintage?

What constitutes a vintage cymbal?

Any idea of current value of ride?

Thanx for info

Cheers

Daz

Posted on 13 years ago

From vintagemore2000

It depends on the cymbal line the paiste 2002's and 602's from the 70's are highly desirable, as I mentioned this line the Cie Constantinople didn't sell very well,it was reintroduced again in the early 2000's and wasn't very successful again, your hats would sell in the $150.00 range

The Zildjian and Cie line has also been reintroduced in September 2010, as well!

http://zildjian.com/newfor2010/product14ACZhihats.html

with the marketing pitch that they will be "Rarities" and not produced for long. This re-introduction may also bump up interest in the older ones.

Posted on 13 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="Green"]Well...yes, sorta. The A. Constantinoples were a complete cymbal line of their own. It's not as if they were only the special-order brilliant cymbals which got that stamp. They were Zildjian's early attempt at heavy, brilliant rock rides.[/COLOR]

No they were not. They were simply used on Brilliant finished A. Zildjians. If you ordered an A Zildjian Brilliant finished cymbal in the 70’s they stamped it with the A Zildjian and CIE trademark. This has been confirmed many times over by Zildjian in Modern Drummer as it comes up every so often in the “It’s Questionable” section. This was not because they were a separate line, it was simply to maintain trademark registration. Due to the confusion over various stamps, Zildjian went to a standard stamp in 1987. Same cymbals, different engraving stamp.

This is not to be confused with the A Zildjian & CIE from 2001-2007 and now again in 2010. These cymbals are a completely different animal from the 70’s-80’s. The current issue CIE’s are designed to replicate cymbals of the 30’s and 40’s. You will also see that while the ink on the new cymbals says A & CIE, the engraving is the standard Avedis Zildjian laser engraving used on all A Zildjians since 1994.

Posted on 13 years ago

Thanx all for info

Vm2K you mentioned the hats would be in range of about $150

What about the ride value ?

re 70s cymbals etc, are they considered as vintage ?

Cheers

Daz

Posted on 13 years ago

From Darren Keery

Thanx all for infoVm2K you mentioned the hats would be in range of about $150What about the ride value ?re 70s cymbals etc, are they considered as vintage ?CheersDaz

70s A Zildjians -- not "vintage" to most people. Just used.

Value $65-105 but I'm not entirely sure because I don't pay much attention to Zildjians of that era. Some might call me a vintage snob. :) Others here may pay more attention. I do know that "the market is volatile" and you need to have dozens of sales before you start to get an estimate of a reasonable range. If somebody gives you a number and no idea of the variability then you are getting half the story. But that's the statistician in me talking here.

You can go to eBay and search completed listings. But don't just look at ongoing auctions and completed auctions where the item didn't sell and think you are getting an accurate estimate of selling prices. People have grand ideas when they ask. But they seldom get. If it were really thin perhaps more, but not just a medium. :2Cents:

Posted on 13 years ago

Cheers

Zenstat for info

So not rare, not vintage and not worth alot?

Daz

Posted on 13 years ago

From zenstat

70s A Zildjians -- not "vintage" to most people. Just used.Value $65-105 but I'm not entirely sure because I don't pay much attention to Zildjians of that era. Some might call me a vintage snob. :) Others here may pay more attention. I do know that "the market is volatile" and you need to have dozens of sales before you start to get an estimate of a reasonable range. If somebody gives you a number and no idea of the variability then you are getting half the story. But that's the statistician in me talking here. You can go to eBay and search completed listings. But don't just look at ongoing auctions and completed auctions where the item didn't sell and think you are getting an accurate estimate of selling prices. People have grand ideas when they ask. But they seldom get. If it were really thin perhaps more, but not just a medium. :2Cents:

Quite agree about the term vintage for '70s A's. I have a newer new stamp K that's probably no older ands is worth betwen 10 and 15 times the amount you suggested. Go figure. Its only a matter of time though. In not too many more years A's from the '90s will be considered vintage. However, that doesn't mean they'll sound any better.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here