Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

Zildjian "Hollow Logo" Dates

Hello and Happy New Year!

What were the dates that Zildjian started stamping the model designation (i.e. "Deep Ride) on the top of the cymbal (with no size designation) and the "Hollow Logo" on the bottom of the cymbal, and when did they re-format the printing to include the model and size designation, small script logo on cymbal top, and large script logo on the cymbal underside?

I am guessing the hollow logos go from around 1976 to about 1983 or so.

I know someone with more knowledge then I will have the answer.

Thanks and again, Happy New Year!

Posted on 12 years ago

your estimation on time frame agrees wtih mine. ive heard lots of different opinions but ours seems to be pretty common. these are usually pretty nice sounding cymbals from this era.

mike

Posted on 12 years ago

Zildjian started using the open logo in 1978. At some point in 1982 they switched to the solid black logo. It's pretty easy to pin these dates with all of the literature, artist pictures, concert photos, magazine ads and articles available from that era. Also keep in mind that the dates on some of the catalogs posted on the Vintage Cymbal Guide are wrong.

Posted on 12 years ago

Zildjian started using Hollow logo like this in the early 1970s ....

Not at the end of the 70s

I got a old vintage zildjian cymbal book that dated back in the early 1970s

Posted on 12 years ago

From Nsra65

Zildjian started using Hollow logo like this in the early 1970s ....Not at the end of the 70s I got a old vintage zildjian cymbal book that dated back in the early 1970s

Sorry, but you are mistaken. They didn't start using it until the end of the 70's. As I said above, with all of the pictures of drummers out there, all the mag interviews, ad's, etc, you don't see the logo until the late 70's.

If you can post some pics of the book, I'm sure we can help date it for you.

Posted on 12 years ago

Don't know exactly when it was started but know it ended early '80's. Trivia I've heard why it ended was because of the popular music videos/MTV. Zildjian wanted their logo to be seen clearly for advertising.

Posted on 12 years ago

From Olimpass

Don't know exactly when it was started but know it ended early '80's. Trivia I've heard why it ended was because of the popular music videos/MTV. Zildjian wanted their logo to be seen clearly for advertising.

Yes, Zildjian switched to the solid black logo top and bottom in 1982.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here