Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

Zildjian "bronze"...

OK, this 20 came with a kit I picked up today...it is a Zildjian black stamped with engraving, looks like the newer laser etched, but not positive. the ink stamp is small lettering at the top half "Zildjian" and larger on the other half "bronze". Is this a Scimtar, or Amir..and what is it worth? Also, there are a practically new pair of 14" B8 Sabians...sound exactly like you would think they sound. What would they be worth to a kid with none? Or should I plan on setting those aside for the next rescue kit? This kit, the Orange Sparkle Astro (70s, not modern) came with a complete set of absolute bottom end hardware that will most certainly go with the next rescue, so should I let the hats go as well? Or take aother look and listen and maybe send a different pair of hats?

3 attachments
"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I believe it's a Scimitar Bronze. Scimitars were originally just brass...then they switched to makin' em out of "almost-B8" (the word is they still had some zinc in the alloy mix as well, so it was really copper-tin-zinc.....thus the odd sorta "rusty" patinas they'd get).

Basically it's a B8 Scimitar...not as good as an Amir, for sure...& probably just a tad worse than a Sabian B8 ride/crash.

$40-50 if no dents, dings, cracks, etc...

The Sabian B8 'hats could fetch about $50 or so if you wanted to unload 'em...but as you said....they are just what the doctor ordered for an "all-inclusive" kit to get someone started, so....consider that.

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here