Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.46973%

Zildjian K Istanbul time stamp and restoration advice!

Hey everyone,

A little background. My dad found this in the trash, thought he could get a couple dollars for it in scrap metal. I made sure I put an end to that thought quickly.

Didn't have a tape measure but looks to be 16 inches, pretty heavy. Haven't gotten a chance to listen to it but I'm assuming it's a crash cause of the size

Few questions

1. Time stamp?

2. Can this oxidation be fixed, or is the cymbal ruined?

3. What are the value of these (strictly curious, want to keep)

Some pics - https://imgur.com/a/HZuka

Posted on 8 years ago

That is a New stamp from 1967-1972. Its got a little keyholing, but its definitely not ruined by that grunge which can be removed. However, don't use anything caustic or abrasive. Get the actual diameter and give us the approximate weight. Don't know the current prices off the top of my head, but if looks to be in pretty good shape. Depending on its weight it be would probably at least a couple of hundred to a few hundred dollars.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 8 years ago

I'm certain you can remove the green, worth is between $250 and $450 I think, but mostly just wanted to jump in and say wow! great dumpster find! Like in a dream.....

Mitch

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here