Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

Zildjian K Custom Fast Crash

I've never played anything but A Zildjian cymbals from the '60s. However, if any of you have played a Zildjian K Custom Fast Crash I'd like to obtain some feedback on it. Also, would you consider $150 for a 16" version a fair price?

Any and all words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posted on 12 years ago

Just picked up a 14" K Cust. Fast Crash....I like it. Rich sound...in & out of the way quickly...nice "feel"...pretty nice.

I can't comment on price...I rec'd mine for a real bargain...

'79 Slingerland "Blues Time" Maple 670T - 12,13,14,15,18,24
'68 Ludwig Silver Sparkle - 12,13,16,22,24
'79 Ludwig Vistalites clear - 12,13,16,22
Snares: '68 Ludwig Supraphonic 5x14, Ludwig 5 x 14 Black Beauty (modern), '70's Slingerland Buddy Rich TDR COB 6.5x14, DW 10/6 Maple 4x14, Pearl '70's COB 5x14, Slingerland 50's blue duco 6.5x14 & 5x14, Pork Pie "Little Squealer", Pearl Masters MCX maple 6.5x14
Posted on 12 years ago

Like anything cymbal related, it depends on each individual cymbal.

I've heard some 16" K Custom Fast Crashes that were beauties. I've also heard far more that are complete dogs, and just sound like an unmusical, thick, stiff "clang".

Sadly, most newer Zildjians just don't have that "it" factor that seemingly all of them used to have up until about the early to mid-90's. I think Zildjian's quality (and quality control) have gone way downhill since that time. They still make some great cymbals to be sure, but next time you're at Guitar Center or Sam Ash, hit a few of them. I lot of times I think Leon Chappiani is now deaf, because there is no way this stuff makes it to the stores 20 years ago.

If you can get a good one (make sure you play it first), $150 is not a steal, but not too bad if it's lightly used. If the logos are fading and tarnished etc., I would offer less.

Posted on 12 years ago

I don't care for my 17 and 18's at all. They've been moved to my church's backup kit.

Posted on 11 years ago

I have recently been using a fast crash. I find it to be very unmusical, and it does have a certain clang to it. I totally did not like it. Used it in two sessions now, no redeeming features for the one I have been using, other than it looks quite good on a stand.

Sonor Teardrop
Yamaha stage custom
13" K light hats
17" K custom hybrid crash
17" Istanbul pre-split dark crash
17" Istanbul pre-split medium crash
20" Matt Bettis ride
20" Istanbul Pasha ride
12" splash
Posted on 11 years ago

Maybe when they started putting serial numbers on them they went downhill?

My newest A.Zil is a Paper Thin 16 crash that sounds wonderfull....no serial numbers...

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here