Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

ZILDJIAN K. CONSTANTINOPLE GRETSCH 15" Hi Hats

Really dislike asking about value, but I'm finding squat. Top hat is perfect, bottom's not toast but not anything near the top in terms of condition (numerous drilled repairs & significant cracks around bell).

Both cymbals have the "G" stamped into the bottoms along the edges.

Gut tells me the top's worth $400-500, bottom 100-200.

So, the bottom still resonates okay-ish. & they're heavy 1378 / 1450 grams ... 15 1/8-3/16" / 15 1/8-1/4".

These are the 1st K. Constantinoples I've had so am very interested in learning more about them generally in terms of collectability and rarity (since I haven't seen too many old K. Constantinoples online).

Chris

Posted on 8 years ago

Your gut feeling fits ok with what little price data I've got. Perhaps a little optimistic. Did you find my pricing work? Sample sizes are still small, but I consider it a bit better than squat:

http://black.net.nz/old-k/old-k-prices.html#15

Because of small sample sizes I include Turkish made K Constantinople cymbals in with Old Stamps in my analysis. But they don't yet stand out as anything different in terms of pricing. Many K Constantinople cymbals seem to be less favored because they are Band cymbals and heavier in weight, as you see from yours. They seem to fit into the "older and rare but maybe more suitable for collecting than playing" category.

Posted on 8 years ago

From zenstat

Your gut feeling fits ok with what little price data I've got. Perhaps a little optimistic. Did you find my pricing work? Sample sizes are still small, but I consider it a bit better than squat: http://black.net.nz/old-k/old-k-prices.html#15Because of small sample sizes I include Turkish made K Constantinople cymbals in with Old Stamps in my analysis. But they don't yet stand out as anything different in terms of pricing. Many K Constantinople cymbals seem to be less favored because they are Band cymbals and heavier in weight, as you see from yours. They seem to fit into the "older and rare but maybe more suitable for collecting than playing" category.

Thank you.

I kept your pricing from an Istanbul ride I'd asked about, so yes. I didn't know how it fit exactly into your schema but I got the gist. Would you like what they go for? I can PM you,

Chris

Posted on 8 years ago

From Hobbs

Thank you.I kept your pricing from an Istanbul ride I'd asked about, so yes. I didn't know how it fit exactly into your schema but I got the gist. Would you like what they go for? I can PM you,Chris

Yes that would be great. With data so scarce every little bit helps.

Posted on 8 years ago

Given that weight they could be orchestral cymbals.

As for pricing, a 15-3/4" heavy 1st stamp cons just sold on eBay for $338.

Posted on 8 years ago

From hardbat

Given that weight they could be orchestral cymbals.As for pricing, a 15-3/4" heavy 1st stamp cons just sold on eBay for $338.

Thanks for that. An item number will allow me to locate it easily. The software here means you can't put in a full ebay link as it gets edited out. I've never found out whether that's a bug or a feature. I've had a look but didn't find it. I did find an earlier one

item # 121893175311

16.5" $175 on the 15th of Feb 2016 (which again underscores the degree of variability in prices)

Link: http://goo.gl/6E8GXZ

(using a URL outsmarts the ebay link removal software)

Posted on 8 years ago

item #381550194854

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here