Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

Zildjian Hihats id

Hi All

Would appreciate any info on my hihats, year, model?, value

They are 14inch

1372g and 1083g

Logo too faint to photo but think it says

Avedis

Constantinople

Made in USA

Turkish

Zildjian Co

Cheers

Daz

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

I thought the hollow font logos were older than "fairly recent". Maybe 1970s? (I can't remember -- brain going). Or do you mean "fairly recent" on the scale of 1940s ones?

Posted on 13 years ago

Hi VM2K

re hihats

having constantinople written on cymbals means what?

does it mean perhaps they are older? or just the model?

Cheers

Daz

have you seen my post re my ride?

Posted on 13 years ago

Hi VM2K

Checked out a few hihats on net

Logos on mine seem different to any I saw?

Want clasifies a cymbal as vintage or not eg my hihats if they are late 70s does that mean they are vintage or not?

Cheers

Daz

Posted on 13 years ago

From Darren Keery

Hi AllWould appreciate any info on my hihats, year, model?, valueThey are 14inch1372g and 1083gLogo too faint to photo but think it saysAvedisConstantinopleMade in USATurkishZildjian CoCheersDaz

They are A. Zildjian Quick Beat hi hats. Because of the model and the open logo it is pretty easy to date these. Zildjian used the open logo from 1978-1981 to early 1982 and in 1982 they introduced the solid Zildjian logo. The Quick Beats were introduced in 1978. So you have a set of A. Zildjian Quick Beats made between 1978 to 1981 or perhaps early 1982.

The A Zildjian & CIE Constantinople stamp was used on Brilliant finished A. Zildjians in the 1970’s-1980’s. Since it’s a faint stamp and you didn’t post pics of the stamp I can’t say for sure one way or the other.

Posted on 13 years ago

Cheers for info Bri

Daz

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here