Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Zildjian hi hats

I have a set of 14" older Zildjian hi hats one set made in the U.S.A and one set made in Canada.What is the difference in the two sets as in sound ,quality and price?How old would the Canadian Zildjian be...thanks guysCool1

Posted on 15 years ago

From J.R.

I have a set of 14" older Zildjian hi hats one set made in the U.S.A and one set made in Canada.What is the difference in the two sets as in sound ,quality and price?How old would the Canadian Zildjian be...thanks guysCool1

Do you have pictures of the hats?

Posted on 15 years ago

I have a 16" AZ I bought new in Canada around 1976-ish that says "Made in Canada" on it.

I toured the Meductic plant around then and I am convinced that at that time, mid-70's, there was absolutely no difference between the Canadian and USA AZ's.

Working with family can be a PIA, and my guess is that Robert Zildjian wanted some freedom, they could avoid the huge customs tariffs in place at the time (GM was doing the same shipping almost completed cars to Oshawa) and probably most importantly the fishing is great in that part of New Brunswick.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Canadian A's (or as I call 'em, Canadian Eh's Laughing H)

....are no different from US-made A's of the same period. Not the best vintage for Avedis, not the worst either, they are basically more of a conversation piece than any sort of rare collectible. Definitely respectable old A's, though....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here