Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

Zildjian hi hat dating

I have a set of Zildjian 13" and 12" hi hats that I have had for many years and just checking to see the value and date of these Zildjians..Any help would be great ...thanks

2 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Transitional stamps, both of the same era sub-type. Early 1950's.

Posted on 13 years ago

From J.R.

I have a set of Zildjian 13" and 12" hi hats that I have had for many years and just checking to see the value and date of these Zildjians..Any help would be great ...thanks

Very nice hats!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 13 years ago

Those are uncommon sizes, so its a little hard to place an accurate value on them.

Maybe someone else would care to have a crack at it.

Posted on 13 years ago

Hey guys they are awesome auxillary hi hats when I play classic rock,but I play RINGO now in a Beatles Trib and really need to focus on his sound probally early 60s Zildjian 20"and 18" and 15" hi hats from around then.Just checking to see thier approx.value now days...thanks.....

Posted on 13 years ago

From J.R.

Hey guys they are awesome auxillary hi hats when I play classic rock,but I play RINGO now in a Beatles Trib and really need to focus on his sound probally early 60s Zildjian 20"and 18" and 15" hi hats from around then.Just checking to see thier approx.value now days...thanks.....

I have good reason to believe that Ringo's hats were trans stamps. Jim Keltner saw his cymbals and said "the hi-hats were so heavily played that the trademarks were almost worn away."

One doesn't actually wear down a trademark from playing, but that would be the perfect description of a trans stamp if ever there was one, as it would come from someone who wouldn't know what he was actually looking at.

Posted on 13 years ago

Thats great to know as I am using 2 sets of 15" Zildjian A's from the 60 's but I do know where there is a Transition set of 15" in Toronto that I will probally go after...thanks....

Posted on 13 years ago

From J.R.

Thats great to know as I am using 2 sets of 15" Zildjian A's from the 60 's but I do know where there is a Transition set of 15" in Toronto that I will probally go after...thanks....

They show up on eBay every now and then, but they're expensive.

And to be as correct as possible, that 18" should be a mid 50's large stamp wieghing about 1400 grams. The only 1960's cymbal in the set-up should be a 20". Their road manager Mal Evans bought one for him at Manny's in NYC back in '64.

Posted on 13 years ago

thanks Drumaholic that is great info for sure and I will be on a mad hunt for a 50,s large stamp 18" in good shape...Still no ideas on the value of the 13" or 12" trans hi hats ? Guess?

Posted on 13 years ago

Couple-a hunnert a piece, I reckon.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here