Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Zildjian Help

I got these two cymbals with an old ***. set. The ride has the worst keyhole I've ever seen but still sounds good. The hi hats sound ok. Is there anyway to tell what series they are and is there anyway to fix the ride/crash.

Thanks

notroh73

2 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]They look like '60's or early '70's Avedises. they didn't have "series" or "lines" back then...they were just Avedises in different weights and sizes.

If you look at the embossed stamp, and tehre are 3 dots inside what looks like the squiggly "U" in the arabic script...then it's from the '60's. If there aren't any dots, it's probably a '70's.

This is the "short" explanation. It gets more complicated than what i just said, but it's a good rule of thumb.

Drumaholic has a whole database dedicated to dating Avedises by their stamp, just FYI.

Looks like someone else has already done some work on that keyhole (it may have actually been a crack which they grinded out of the bell). Use a sleeve and it'll be just fine to play.

If you insist, you could add a grommet to the hole; it'd obscure most of the keyhole...but it's really not necessary, structurally speaking.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here