Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Zildjian? Dream? Help?

This isnt about vintage cymbals, sorry:P But I'm getting a new ride this weekend and was thinking about a zildjian 24" medium ride. Seems like it would work pretty well for what i'm needing. Which is to be loud and nasty. A little dark, but will cut through. But i've never played on one. How do they crash?

Also, Someone was talking up a 22" dream ride on here a couple days ago. Maybe ludwig-dude, not sure. Cant remember the model of cymbal either. But I found one on ebay, and man is it cheap. I'd love to try it out, but...I dunno. I cant make up my mind.

Posted on 15 years ago

Dream cymbals are each unique. It would probably be better to hear them in person or at least a soundfile before you buy.

Posted on 15 years ago

Yes that was me talking up the 22" Dream....its a Vintage Bliss series. Its probably not exactly what you're looking for as far as loud and nasty. These cymbals are on the thin side and proably wouldn't hold up well for you. The contact series is probably closer to what you're looking for. Sounds like you play rock, so maybe even a medium ride might get lost. You might want to consider a medium-heavy or even a "rock" ride for you application.

The Dream vintage bliss works for me because I mainly play small acoustic blues/R&B shows where we don't even mic the drums. It projects well with the smaller unmic'd amps and isn't too overpowering. If you play loud, then you need something that projects well over everything else, like your guitar player with his 100 watt marshall stack or mesa boogie or whatever loud flavor of the month he happens to be making you go deaf with......LOL! Also if you're a heavy hitter, it won't last long, because as I said, these are on the thin side. It fits well with my set of K custom darks, but those are thin too and only project so far.

Personally, myself, if I was to go back into the rock/coverband/bar band aren again I'd probably go with Paiste 2002's again, just for the projection and cutting power.....but thats me. band3

Posted on 15 years ago

Yeah. I actually had a 22" 2002 wild ride, that I sold...like an idiot. So, i'll probably end up buying another one this weekend, and get a matching 20" crash later on. Thanks for the info!

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here