Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

Zildjian Avedis 16'' hi hats?

Hi all,

I recently acquired these and were told that they are hi hats. They measure 16'' with the following weights: 1161 grams and 1144 grams. The stamps have the three dots in the script which leads me to believe they are sixties era. I have yet to see a set of 16'' hats so I'm a bit suspicious.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dean

Posted on 12 years ago

I have a pair a little older than yours, they do exist and come up occationaly on ebay. I like them and yours look to be a matched set rather than a "new beat" style with a heavier bottom. Nice looking pair.

Gary.

Sonor teardrops:
12,13,16,20, 14x5 snare
Fibes crystallite-14x5.5 snare
Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks Gary,

I was hoping that they were in fact hi hats and not crash cymbals that someone paired together. I haven't had the chance to try them out yet, but I'm guessing that they sound pretty decent. Any idea what a set of these might be worth? I know it's what someone is willing to pay, but a ballpark figure would be helpful.

Dean

Posted on 12 years ago

I have seen them around quite a bit. They exist, and it seems that they're coming out of the woodwork in recent years...

1970 Ludwig Downbeat
1965 Ludwig Hollywood
1970 Ludwig Jazzette
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here