Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

Zildjian and Alejian Info Help

Have a set of old Zildjian 13" Hi Hat cymbals. One weighs 18.3 oz and the other weighs 18.6 oz. Stamped Zildjian Made in USA

Have an 18" Zildjian that weighs 51.0 oz. stamped same

And finally a 19" ALEJIAN that weighs 53 oz. No other marks othe than the ALEJIAN stamp.

Based on what I've seen on here, sounds like the ALEJIAN cymbals were Zildjian seconds.

Can anyone tell me about how old these are and what they might be worth. Inherited these back in the 80's

Thanks!

Posted on 10 years ago

From stlnewbie

Have a set of old Zildjian 13" Hi Hat cymbals. One weighs 18.3 oz and the other weighs 18.6 oz. Stamped Zildjian Made in USA Have an 18" Zildjian that weighs 51.0 oz. stamped sameAnd finally a 19" ALEJIAN that weighs 53 oz. No other marks othe than the ALEJIAN stamp.Based on what I've seen on here, sounds like the ALEJIAN cymbals were Zildjian seconds. Can anyone tell me about how old these are and what they might be worth. Inherited these back in the 80'sThanks!

Alejian was a budget line made by Zildjian for Slingerland. They appear to be a made of a slightly different alloy than B-20 based on appearance.

Posted on 10 years ago

Thanks! Any idea what these are worth? Thinking of selling.

I think it also time to sell my old 7-piece Maxwin set that I purchased around 1980. Too many other hobbies and these are just sitting around.

Posted on 10 years ago

The value of the A depends partly on how old it is. We know the weight already which is the other part.

The Alejian would be harder to quantify because most drummers are not familiar with the name, so consequently there's no real demand for them.

The hats are worth around $125.

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here