Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.46973%

Zildjian AMIR Cymbal Set (1st Gen)

After scouring forums, Craigslist, and eBay for a year and a half, I finally pieced together a nice collection of 1st gen Zildjian AMIR cymbals: 14" hats; 16" crash; 20" ride.

Some people often get these confused with the Zildjian Amirs that are all lowercase, but these are in fact the firsts. I love these cymbals and have heard nothing but great things about them from other owners as well. Hanging onto these for a long time!

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

I used an Amir 14" bottom hi-hat from the same series as a top cymbal for a 70's New Beat bottom match as my pair of hi-hat cymbals for a number of years for live gigs. The early series (IMHO) were quite comparable to high end Paiste cymbals in sound and quality. Good find!

Posted on 9 years ago

I had some a few years back

I had 14"hihats, 16" crash & 20" china

all good sounding cymbals and well worth the money

Posted on 9 years ago

BUCKIE_B: Thanks! The hats that I have have a somewhat dark quality to them sound wise. Looking forward to recording with them.

blackd: I have yet to see an Amir china but definitely intrigued by it. I agree that these cymbals are definitely worth every penny!

Posted on 9 years ago

Very cool set! I just ordered a 16" crash to complete my first gen AMIR set. Awesome cymbals and pretty hard to find!

Posted on 7 years ago

I remember them but I was an A Zildjian snob back then... I didn't even appreciate the early American K's, which I certainly do now!

I suspect they are quite nice. What I didn't realize then (I was young) is that these alternate lines were no less quality!

Congrats on getting a set of them together. Any plans for more of them?

Cobalt Blue Yamaha Recording Custom 20b-22b-8-10-12-13-15-16f-18f
Red Ripple '70's Yamaha D-20 20b-12-14f
Piano Black Yamaha Recording Custom Be-Bop kit 18b-10-14f
Snares:
Yamaha COS SDM5; Yamaha Cobalt Blue RC 5-1/2x14; Gretsch round badge WMP; 1972 Ludwig Acrolite; 1978 Ludwig Super Sensitive; Cobalt Blue one-off Montineri; Yamaha Musashi 6.5X13 Oak; cheap 3.5X13 brass piccolo
Posted on 7 years ago

I remember them but I was an A Zildjian snob back then... I didn't even appreciate the early American K's, which I certainly do now!I suspect they are quite nice. What I didn't realize then (I was young) is that these alternate lines were no less quality! Congrats on getting a set of them together. Any plans for more of them?

Not sure if you were talking to me or the original poster :)

Anyway, they are very nice sounding cymbals...some of the best "B8" cymbals I have heard. I ordered an extra AMIR 18" crash that I probably don't need, lol. They don't show up for sale very often.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here