Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.86639%

Zildjian 26" Cymbal

I recently purchased a 60's Slingerland drum kit. It came with a Zildjian 26" Ride cymbal. I have never seen a cymbal this huge. Is this cymbal rare? Is it worth anything?

Thanks

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]1) Yes.

2) Sh#t.....yes.

I have a 26" Paiste Stambul form the early '60's....largest diameter cymbal I have ever seen.

I also have a 24" transition-stamp Avedis which is arguably the sweetest ride I have ever played.

Anyway....

IF it is an Avedis, and assuming it's 70's or older... it could probably fetch about $300-plus on eFlay.

Tell us...how heavy is it ? Does the edge wobble at all when you ride it ? Any significant damage, such as cracks, dings, dents, bad keyholing.

Post a pic or two, please....

(I picked up a '50's 23" Avedis ride on auction last week....unfortunately it had an edge crack. 24's are around occasionally...but not 26's...that's RARE).

[/COLOR]

1 attachments
www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

From Prostix

I recently purchased a 60's Slingerland drum kit. It came with a Zildjian 26" Ride cymbal. I have never seen a cymbal this huge. Is this cymbal rare? Is it worth anything?Thanks

thats not a cynbal, its a flying saucer...I never saw one that size....

Posted on 15 years ago

They made them all the way up to 32" at one time.

Here's what I'm talking about:

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?p=22351#post22351

Posted on 15 years ago

I also have one of these Monsters.

I can still see the outline Zildjian logo on the bottom, so from what I can tell it's a 70's era. I remember years ago when my dad had it, it still had the Med Ride stamp on top. If you lay into it will get wobble, you need both hands and arms to stop it.

It's nice to see there are still more of these out there.

Posted on 15 years ago

From LanceGams

I also have one of these Monsters. I can still see the outline Zildjian logo on the bottom, so from what I can tell it's a 70's era. I remember years ago when my dad had it, it still had the Med Ride stamp on top. If you lay into it will get wobble, you need both hands and arms to stop it. It's nice to see there are still more of these out there.

I've seen about 3 or 4 of them on eBay now just within the last week and a half.

Posted on 15 years ago

And appearantly they are really valuable.

My 28" Avedis just sold on ebay last week for over 1300 dollar!

I could only hope for that.

Posted on 15 years ago

I've seen a 30" Zildjian on eBay 2 or 3 Christmas' ago. It stated, "get a cymbal with it's own zip code"! It sold for only $500 - something.

There was a 30" or 32" at the Rebeats Chicago drum show a couple years back also. It was like an umbrella in size. I don't think it was for sale though and didn't bother to even ask a price if it were. I believe it was located back in the Randy Rainwater & Bun E. Carlos exhibit section?

Posted on 15 years ago

I have a 28" and a 30" what Zildjian stamp does it have? That will determine if it valuable or really really really valuable.

Rock like a big dawg!
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here