Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.46973%

zildjian 22 deep ride

I recently picked up a 22 inch deep ride and was wondering if anyone uses or has used one in the past. Interested on your impression and what music application you used it for, also what years were they made? thanks for any info

Posted on 8 years ago

Picked up a 22'' for $40 bucks last year and flipped that bad boy as it wasn't the sound I like for my style of play. I believe they were made during the Hollow Logo era so late 70's into the early 80's, selling a 20'' now and it also has the hollow logo on the bottom side just like the 22'' I had...

Found it!!
Posted on 8 years ago

Not familiar with that ride. Sorry!

Tuned in to see what you think of it once you get it.

I have:

20" ping ride A

22" mid-50's A ride Justin Ottaviano "adjusted" for me

20" K custom dark ride

The last two also crash nicely too. The 22 has the "wobble" I have grown to appreciate. (I think Elvin Jones called them the "dancing ferries) Same as my 17" EAK dark crash. I noticed this on the new Avedis signature cymbals (and I'm going to start a thread on those now).

Cobalt Blue Yamaha Recording Custom 20b-22b-8-10-12-13-15-16f-18f
Red Ripple '70's Yamaha D-20 20b-12-14f
Piano Black Yamaha Recording Custom Be-Bop kit 18b-10-14f
Snares:
Yamaha COS SDM5; Yamaha Cobalt Blue RC 5-1/2x14; Gretsch round badge WMP; 1972 Ludwig Acrolite; 1978 Ludwig Super Sensitive; Cobalt Blue one-off Montineri; Yamaha Musashi 6.5X13 Oak; cheap 3.5X13 brass piccolo
Posted on 8 years ago

One of my favorite ride cymbals.Had one a few years ago in a brilliant finish.Wish I still had it.

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here