Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

Zildjian 20" Z MAC crash/ride???

Does anyone know anything about these? I've read a little about them on cymbalholic and from what understand, they're arent bad cymbals, and they're affordable. The MAC stand for multi application cymbal. I found a 20" crash/ride, and i'm thinking of getting it, I just need some more info.

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="Purple"]Well...if you like the sound and feel, who cares what anyone else thinks, really...right ? ;)

They aren't really very.... highly regarded (to put it euphemistically). Most folks consider 'em to be just another Z marketing scheme which never took. Their market value is low, so you should be able to peg one pretty cheap (i.e. $100 or less).

If it works for you, go for it.....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Z-Macs are hand cymbals, aimed at the school market. The "multi-application" in their name is meant to convey that they can be used for concert bands or as field cymbals. The stamp on a lot of Z-Macs says "Concert - Marching - Jazz", but I've never personally known someone who used 'em on a drum set.

BTW - As for a Z-Mac "crash/ride"... I'd guess that's someone's description, not a factory designation.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here