Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

zildjian 20 inch ride

I have a zildjian avedis 20 inch ride. I could use some help finding out when it was made. If someone can help I would appreciate it. My friend gave it to me.[Attachment: 70351]

[Attachment: 70352]

Posted on 10 years ago

Upstate Outlaw Welcome to the forum. I have same cymbal set with same markings and my set goes back in 1959 that it was brought. Zildjian back then never put so many signs of models on cymbals as it does today that identifies model as it does today. Very few had Ids on them such as the ISTANBUL K models. With this said it will be hard to Id year and true model. I would recommend that you weight it in grams and contact Zildjian due to that every model made weighed differently, also they can tell were it was made, if in Canada or any other part of US or even Turkey by weight.

Posted on 10 years ago

Looks like 60's cymbal to me....

Posted on 10 years ago

Can you give us the bottom version of that pic? The 'sunburst' effect that really shows off the hammering can tell the tale more than the stamp itself sometimes.

BTW, your friend's a good 'un. A nice 20" old A is really all the ride anybody needs.

Anything after that is just to make sure it doesn't get lonely.

Posted on 10 years ago

it appears to be a 60's stamp. lathing looks early. might want to measure the stamp to rule out the 50's large stamp that also has the three dots.

mike

Posted on 10 years ago

Thanks everyone, it says made in USA, I'm not sure if these are the pics you wanted but here are a few more. It has a unique hole it appears to be machined not keyholed. I have no way to weigh it at the moment. The stamp is 1 1\4' high x 1 1\8' wide.

Posted on 10 years ago

At that height 1.25" it is early 60s, so the attributes are lining up.

That "machined" keyhole could have been done with a rat tail file in order to smooth a keyhole, or remove a mounting hole crack.

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here