Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Zildjian 19" crash

Picked up some cymbals today. Got a 16" Sabian med. crash, 14" set of Sabian hats. All are B8. Two percusion plus boom stands, cheep I know. But in the mix was this nice vintage Zildjian crash. I dont have a scale but its pretty thick and heavy. Its 19" in diameter. Has keyholed pretty good to. But for 70.00 I think I did OK. Could of got them for 50 but the guy was selling them for his 14 year old son and using the cash to buy new cymbals. Probably should have gave him more but he was real happy with the extra 20.

So, I dont know much about cymbals yet, did I get something really good or just your average A Zildian crash?

Thanks!

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 11 years ago

If it seems thick and heavy it is more likely a 19" ride cymbal, not a crash. Not everything less than 20" in diameter is a crash. It looks like a 1970s one to me, based on that die stamp. Any ink (in a hollow font) which says Zildjian on the underside? I can't see anything in the pic of the underside, but it might be very faint.

Posted on 11 years ago

Thank you for your reply. There is no ink on the bottom that I can see, I looked for that right away outside in the sun. It does sound good as a ride and it crashes good too. Whatever the case is, I like it real well.

Thank you!
Jeff C

Posted on 11 years ago

Nice score Jeff~! Glad your happy with them. B8's are not a bad cymbal either. I have a 20" B8 ride I had got before my 20" Zildjian came along. The 19" Zildjian is nice man~! Enjoy!

BTW man what's with the weather out there? Snow in the midwest? Crazy~!

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

From FFR428

Nice score Jeff~! Glad your happy with them. B8's are not a bad cymbal either. I have a 20" B8 ride I had got before my 20" Zildjian came along. The 19" Zildjian is nice man~! Enjoy! BTW man what's with the weather out there? Snow in the midwest? Crazy~!

Thanks Glenn, no snow here tahnk goodness but we are on the edge of it. If I lived in Minnissota (spelling?) I would be so mad! But ya, few inches in DesMoines Iowa, 150 miles from here!

Thank you!
Jeff C

Posted on 11 years ago

From zenstat

If it seems thick and heavy it is more likely a 19" ride cymbal, not a crash. Not everything less than 20" in diameter is a crash. It looks like a 1970s one to me, based on that die stamp. Any ink (in a hollow font) which says Zildjian on the underside? I can't see anything in the pic of the underside, but it might be very faint.

Yeah, it looks like '70s to me as well.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here