Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.46973%

Zildjian 13" K/Z hats not quite flat.

Hey guys. Just picked up a used pair of 13" KZ hats in nice shape except they do not sit as flat together as I would like.

The top K hat is pretty flat when set on a counter and has just a small spot of a few inches I could probably slip a piece of paper under. Not a big deal.

The bottom dyno beat hat has a bit of a taco shape. Nothing noticeable unless laying flat on a counter or up against the top hat. I didn't measure the gap when on the counter but guessing about 1/8" gap from the cymbal to the counter in the worst spot.

This drives me nuts. I would like them to be flat to each other.

The bottom hat is pretty dang heavy and I doubt someone bent it by mistake so I'm guessing it came from the factory that way but could be wrong.

Has anyone had success straightening some hi-hats or do you just not let it bother you and just play them?

Thanks,

Wes

Posted on 7 years ago

The weight of the top K is 893 grams and the bottom dyno beat is a hefty 1346 grams. They are a factory set from 2000/2001 according to serial numbers.

Maybe this should have been put down in the general questions area as they are not quite vintage.

Thanks,

Wes

Posted on 7 years ago

You are not going to straiten that bottom cymbal...

Either live with it or find a replacement.

Cobalt Blue Yamaha Recording Custom 20b-22b-8-10-12-13-15-16f-18f
Red Ripple '70's Yamaha D-20 20b-12-14f
Piano Black Yamaha Recording Custom Be-Bop kit 18b-10-14f
Snares:
Yamaha COS SDM5; Yamaha Cobalt Blue RC 5-1/2x14; Gretsch round badge WMP; 1972 Ludwig Acrolite; 1978 Ludwig Super Sensitive; Cobalt Blue one-off Montineri; Yamaha Musashi 6.5X13 Oak; cheap 3.5X13 brass piccolo
Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here