Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

Zildjian 1 7/8" stamp?

I have a 20" and these pics are of a 22" that I will be receiving soon. Stamps are 1 7/8" tall. Do I recall correctly these are from the 1950s? This 22" looks like it has the down turned edge and flat top bell of the era. Wish I could also see the hammering, but i suspect I know what it will be like side lighted.

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

I have the same cymbal in a 22" and it's a sexties stamp.

Joe

“I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”
Posted on 14 years ago

Usually this stamp style is from the sixties, but I think I remember in the extra large 1 7/8" size it is not sixties.

I hope Bill (Drumaholic) will chime in.

Posted on 14 years ago

Based on this, I think it might bethe elusive 1954 stamp: http://www.classicvintagedrums.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68_77&products_id=600

Posted on 14 years ago

From mountainhick

Wow! That cymbal has a shipping weight of 32 lbs! I'll bet it has a nice ping to it...

1970 Ludwig Downbeat
1965 Ludwig Hollywood
1970 Ludwig Jazzette
Posted on 14 years ago

From caddywumpus

Wow! That cymbal has a shipping weight of 32 lbs! I'll bet it has a nice ping to it...

I Know that due to the shopping cart system Bill uses he has to use extra weight charges instead of using the actual dimensional charges. He's a straight up guy, and I am sure the actual shipping charges are right on target.

Posted on 14 years ago

That is one of the 3 large stamps. The best known and most commonly of these is the type with the hollow letters. But this one is also from that same era, around 1955.

By the way, there's really no use asking about this one over at Cymbalholic. Nobody over there is savy enough to be able to identify this one.

Posted on 14 years ago

From Drumaholic

That is one of the 3 large stamps. The best known and most commonly of these is the type with the hollow letters. But this one is also from that same era, around 1955.By the way, there's really no use asking about this one over at Cymbalholic. Nobody over there is savy enough to be able to identify this one.

I thought it was 50's. Thanks Bill... er... savvy man, glad you are here! Clapping Happy2

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here