Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

zildian stamp info????

need to find out what my 20" zildjian ride is worth??? can one of you experts help me out here?? It is hard as hell to get a photo of it but as soon as i do i will send it to whomever can help me with this!! Thanks in advance,Andy

1966 kent jazzer-champagne sparkle
1972 sonor 6 ply beechwood jazz set
1971 fibes chrome over fiberglass rock set
Posted on 14 years ago

Going with the same topic and I'm new here, so please ignore me, or at least don't yell, but where can I start to identify my old Zildjian cymbals?

No I'm not looking for values and I'm not selling any that I know of, I just wanted to see what all this talk about stamps is referring to.

Good project will be locating my cymbals and trying to photograph them.

Roughly all mine are from the Mid-60s, 14" medium high-hat, but I started with 15" heavy high-hat for rock so I could beat them. :) Lost an 18" ride, (by knocking it over and cracked when it hit a mike stand base) which was replaced. Have my favorite 20" ride and an 18" that I found (previous owner didn't know what the rubber was for, so it has an eccentric hole in the center), plus a 16" crash (may be newer, I added it in the 70s) and the original 15" "crash" which I suspect is yet another 1964-15" heavy high-hat cymbal. Might have a 22" ride somewhere, but it was too big for the sound I wanted. Could be another 20" heavy ride in the collection.

Drums came and went, except my original 1964 (or 63?) Super Classic, and I kept the good cymbals and unloaded the metal pot lids with the sets.

Is there anywhere online that lists the various stamps with photos, so I can do some comparison viewing? All A. Zildjian not the other Brother.

Posted on 14 years ago

From cooldaddy

need to find out what my 20" zildjian ride is worth??? can one of you experts help me out here?? It is hard as hell to get a photo of it but as soon as i do i will send it to whomever can help me with this!! Thanks in advance,Andy

A picture of the engraved stamp and the cymbal weight and size would help with a value.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here