Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

zilco hi hat 14"/slingerland set

Hello drum group. I have had for approx 20 years this old slingerland set. and just cleaned the old cymbals and found out that they were zilco cymbals 14" hi hats. I've checked around and noticed that these aren't made anymore. Zilco is now a harness making company, and so I checked zilco cymbals. Anyone know anything about these cymbals?

Posted on 17 years ago

As far as I know (what is very little) Zilco's were made in Canada as an offshoot of Zildjian. Assuming they were a mid-level line?? I have a 12 inch splash by Zilco and it's very splashy, thin and to the point.

backbeatkeeper

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 17 years ago

From John Aldridge's fine publication, Guide To Vintage Drums:

"The Zilco brand was an Avedis Zildjian trademark. First used in the 30s, and stamped on Avedis Zildjian seconds. The Zilco brand was resurrected when Avedis Zildjian opened another factory in 1968 in New Brunswick, Canada. The Canadian factory was to produce an entry level line of cymbals under the Zilco name using the same metal formula as Avedis Zildians. As the demand for Zildjian cymbals grew, the Unnited States factory continued to produce the "Bread and Butter" cymbals, (i.e.-Hi-Hats, Ride and Crash cymbals), and the Canadian factory was utilized to produce the specialty cymbals, such as paper thin crashes and swishes. Because the Canadian factory could not use the Zildjian brand name to produe cymbals (due to trade restrictions), a professional line of cymbals called AZCO (Avedis Zildjian CO) was also produced in this factory at about the same time for Canadian distribution."

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here