Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

Zilco and Zenjian-Oldies but goodies

I recently picked up some of these cymbals.

1-Zilco 10"

1-Zilco 10 3/4"

1-Zenjian 13"

They are all very old, and all 3 of them have the smaller center hole. They are all paper thin, and have a little bit of warpage to them (especially the 10 3/4").

I know that I have seen "Zilco Azco Canada" cymbals, and from what I understand, those were made in the Sabian factory in the 70's, before Sabian existed.

These are much older. The Zenjian cymbal has the crescent moon and star and Turkish?? writing in the stamp, along with "Zenjian Trademark". The Zilcos just say "Zilco Trademark" with a small scimitar sword.

Any info on these would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posted on 11 years ago

the zilco with the sword...

if u look closely it will say USA..

It was made from 1938/45..

from one of zildjian cym smiths..he left and started his own forging place.

there usually thin cyms..and the stamped logo can be seen from the other side.

most likely a pair of hats..usually small...like 11 3/4" or 12"s

top and bottoms are very close in weight...(usually 377g and 335g

The word Constantinople should be there as well.

i have pics if you want to see..

[email]kfabian1970@gmail.com[/email]

Bop iT / Til U Drop iT.

ROGER's
1964 Cleveland,.18/14/12 in WMP
1966 Cleveland, 20/14/12 O'natural.
Fullerton,...20/16/13/12 Silver Glass

WFL
1957 B/R Super Classics In WMP

Snares..
Wood & COB Powertones,
Wood & COB Dynasonics,
57 Jazz Festival

Zildjian avedis cymbals.
40s/60s era.
Posted on 11 years ago

From RIMS n SKINS

the zilco with the sword...if u look closely it will say USA..It was made from 1938/45..from one of zildjian cym smiths..he left and started his own forging place.there usually thin cyms..and the stamped logo can be seen from the other side.most likely a pair of hats..usually small...like 11 3/4" or 12"stop and bottoms are very close in weight...(usually 377g and 335gThe word Constantinople should be there as well.i have pics if you want to see..[email]kfabian1970@gmail.com[/email]

Thanks for the info RnS. I have a 11" Zilco with the sword in the stamp. The stamp is pretty faint on the right side and can't see much under the Zlico name either but something there. First letter looks like a "T" and very faint. It's very thin and a bit warped. Sadly it has a 1.5" crack but still has a cool trashy sound. I'm going to use it as a splash cymbal. My son got it free years ago from the music store he worked at when they closed. If he didn't take it would have been tossed in the dumpster. Eye Ball

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here